Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: GAK.co.uk

I play anywhere from blues to hard rock, and this guitar suits it all. On the neck pickup, it has a very warm tone, and the treble humbucker makes a very strong crunchy sound. I play through a Laney Hardcore MAX 100W head through a Marshall 1960's cab. I have tried this head into a standard Laney 4X12 cab, but I prefer the Marshall as it handles a much wider tone variety with much more ease. Though saying that the Laney cab holds a much stronger clean tone than the Marshall. Through the Laney head, the guitar gives a very solid tone, and picks out a very wide range of frequencies. Even drop tuning to Bb on clean it still holds its ground on full bass EQ. Also on the Switch side, it picks out all the top sounds too. It has a very punchy sound when distorted, and has little to no hissing evenat high volumes. I cranked the amp to 9 volume and 8 gain and stood right in front of the amp and I got all the feedback I wanted, and when I turned round, I got no hums out of the guitar. Absolutely fantastic tone.

This suits me perfectly, and is a bargain for it's price. I recomend it to anyone who like a Les Paul model, thougu it would have been nice to have a slightly glossy finish. Absolutely fab, rock on Epiphone!

I have played aa great many gigs with this guitar, and it has stood through all of them. I even played a charity gig in front of nearly 7000 people, and it looks brilliant I tell you!. Jumping around on stage for learly 2 hours shredding the hell out of this beast, stage diving- nothing seems to faze it. The strap holders are very strong, and not once did the strap come loose. The hardware stays strong and hasnt moved at all. I wouldn't need a backup with this one as I'm so confident with it.

Very solid action, only a few milimetres, givng a very good resonance and sustain, with fret buzzing only when smacked really hard and fast, thouggh only noticable if you looking for it. Overall, very good.

I own the 2004 model of this guitar. It is in full black matt finish (not shiny at all). All black hardware, featuring two open coil humbuckers standard. The strap locations are on the outer right of the main body, and on the top extrusion of the body above the neck (which is set into the body). Overall, very sturdy construction, though a little weighty, which makes long time playing a little hard on te shoulders, but nothing that detracts from the guitar itself. Very good action, only a few millimeters with clear fretboard but the marking on the 12th fret. There are dots on the upper side of the neck indicating the frets- so you can easily see where you are on the fretboard. My model has an all body and neck in mahogany with a rosewood fretboard.

VaultAngel
    I've owned this guitar since March '06. It's just incredible. Thats all I can say. ive done nothing to it, yet it holds up to everything i put it through from drop Bb-tuning to brick walls as though it was made by a God. XD 6/5 Stars.
    the_Skull
    to compare it to a gibson, you could say its nearly as good as the gibson les paul menace. seriously i have played both and they are almost exactly the same
    dheim
    great guitar! i own a 2005 model, with roman XII number at the 12th fret, and i'm veeery happy with it... it fits perfectly with my style (i play mostly dark and gothic metal)... i own many guitars, it's the cheapest one (as i remember) but one of my favourites... ignore who says to replace the stock pickups... they sound great! a little dark (les paul style, of course) yet expressive and powerful, great for every musical style... if you like those sharp, strat-like clean sounds... well... buy a strat! for everything else the goth LP is perfect... the finish could have been better, but for such a low price who cares?