Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Second Hand

I play everything from blues to melodic death metal and this guitar handles them perfect, If I want blues just change to the neck pup and turn down the master and turn up the pre-amp volume on my Marshall DSL401 and I have a really nice S.R.V sound going, and for heavier stuff just turn down the mids and change to the JB and has a great thrash tone. At high gain their is very little noise if any, ad the Jb gives me a nice rich, crisp sound along with edge!

Overall this guitar suits me to the ground, couldnt have asked for a better guitar for the price! I own this along with a Godin Radiator, Jackson Ke 1 and a Charvel Strat and this is one of my favourite guitars! Theirs nothing I hate about it tbh, maybe the pups, but that's because I have very high standards in pups! I'm compared this to a MIM Strat and this imo kills it. Over all great guitar.

I'm not 100% sure about it's reliability as of yet I haven't played any gigs with it, But I have a good few coming up so time will tell! The hardware of four years seems to be like new (so it seems to be good). I added strap locks just to make sure nothing ever will hapen, can never be too sure like. The finnish seems perfect but finger prints are easily picked out due to satan finnish!

Well I'm not sure how it was when the first owner got it but not it's perfect, action is nice and low, and fret board is like new, I was quite worried getting this due to Gibsons quality check being very poor. But this is perfect! Everything is perfect on it, finnish, hardware, electronics all like new!

This guitar was made in 2003 in Korea (pretty sure becuase all epis are made there). It features a 22 rosewood fretboard which is beautifully finnished. the nech which is mahogany is sanded down for ultimate comfort (would recomend). It has a solid mahogany body for that traditional bassy LP tone minus the weight and the finnish is a satan black (so sexy). It has the traditional Tune-O-Matic bridge but with added Grover tuners, so guaranteed to keep well in tune. It has two humbucker pickups with two tone and two volume. I added a Seymour Duncan Jb in the bridge position because the alnico lacked the edge along with balenced bass and mids, and will be changin the neck pick-up too as it lacks the thick bass for solos that I require. But the alnicos are great stock pick ups for the price of the guitar I must say! I got Schaller strap locks and a nice gig bag with it! Over-all this is one of the ultimate epiphones out their.

thegrungyhippie
    NirvanaFan101 wrote: Yeah I'm getting one... I heard it had 2 EMG pickups.. am I right? =)
    nope...probably not even duncans...
    MCRdweller
    I've got a Epiphone Les Paul with a deep red finish & black accents, its flippin schweet, its like my baby.....
    AlastorBR
    Not that great IMO. Mine's neck was cracked, the pickups sounded horrible and it had a very bad action. Pure shite. I was actually able to exchange it for a Malden Holly Keyser. I love the Malden.
    k1ng_pooh
    \m/(--_--)\m/
    My drummer bought this guitar (yeah, don't ask me why) and the strap button let go. The thing hit the ground and the headstock snapped off. He got it fixed though, and it actually still plays fairly well. And no, it doesn't come with EMG's. It's got stock epiphone 'buckers.
    zerowing
    the FR models are dam hard to find... i think you'd have to special order it
    Ben S
    this guitar freaking rocks, i'm thinking of putting an EMG 60/81 set onto it later this year.
    False_God
    k1ng_pooh wrote: epiphone is so over rated, for ****s sake go buy a grestch right now! don't even look at other guitars
    If they are so over-rated why are you even here fool?
    p5Ych0
    ive got this one too, dont know which model, but not the 1 on the pic... every piece is black i play punk, metal,... (sum 41 and bfmv songs) and it sounds great. BUUY xD