Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Allans Music, Melbourne

The sound is really awesome, it fits my styles perfectly (metal and hard rock). The mahogany body really gives a fat tone for those particularly heavy riffs. It even handles cleans well, but it's not built for that. It handles everything I throw at it from RHCP to Necrophagist, this baby does it all, but it really shines in one particular genre METAL. I mean each riff I play on this just has a really deep and full sound, but you can hear every note! That really impressed me because I love my metal I play lots of Pantera, Metallica, Slayer and Maiden and this just blows all my friends' guitar's straight out of the water. But I was the unlucky kid Who got a messed up bridge pickup, oh well the neck pickup sounds fine so I use that. I'm using this guitar with a DigiTech Death Metal and a Begringer GM108 15 watt medelling amp, I'll tell ya I may not have the most expensive or professional rig but when I got this in my hands I might as well have an all tube Marshall fullstack behind me. But the messed up bridge pickup annoys me oh well I probably would have put a Duncan in there anyway(don't worry about messed up bridge pickups it was just my guitar).

Man this guitar blew my mind when I first play it and it still blows my mind today. I've been playing for 4 months and don't have the best rig, but this guitar JUST RULES. I wish I checked all the pickups before buying it, but the action was so fast I forgot everything else. If it were stolen I would hunt down whoever stole it and ninja kick 'em in the head. My favorite feature is definetely the action. C'mon I'm pretty sure that the logo on the headstock doesn't mak that much of a difference in tone, if you can't get a Gibson buy an Epiphone Goth today!

This guitar would definitely withstand Live playing, all the joins on everything are sturdy and it's got good high quality hardware that could survive a nuclear attack. It's got nice sturdy strap buttons that look pretty cool, and finish that aint comin off unless I burn it. I'd definetely gig without a backup.

The factory set-up blew my mind it was the lowest, slickest, smothest, fastest action I'd ever felt, but it came with a considerable amount of fret buzz. The pickups were the right height, and everything was flawless except for the messed up bridge pickup. The finish is pretty much bulletproof, but it's a finger print magnet.

This guitar was made in Korea, but inspected in America so good quality is guaranteed. It's got 22 frets on an ebony fretboard with no inlays except for a wicked lookin Pearl XII (roman numeral 12) inlay at the 12th fret. it's got a solid mahogany body and neck for nice fat tone with an maple top for some extra bite, very satisfied. It's got a flat black finish which doesn' scrath very easy, but is succeptible to finger prints which are hard to get rid of. It's a Les Paul so it's got a nice warm tone and plenty of bottom end so you can pull of seem really chunky riffs but the maple top lets you solo and cut through everything. It's got the classic Tune-o-Matic & stopbar setup which sounds pretty good and is really easy to restring.(newer models have a liscensed Floyd Rose). It's got a 3 way toggle near the neck and four knobs near the bride (I don't know what 3 of them do). It's got Two Alnico V Magnet humbuckers, which are quite good pickups. It features a set of black Grover Kidneys, they're non-locking but will hold tune for ages. No included accessories, but I'm very impressed plenty of features.

A7XSoul
    i got one it's AWSOME!! woooo, it one sexy guiar sounds badass to.when i bought mine it was the last one in the country!!! so yup i got lucky, paid $300 got a pic on my profile.
    FATAROX333
    I am getting this guitar cause I really like the studio models and this one looks and sounds great!
    mrjustinguy
    i hate to burst evryones bubble but i had one of these, until today at least, and the piece that holds the strap on stripped out and it hit the floor and busted intwo and then when i looked at the neck the wood was like paper
    Worhan
    I bought this guitar a year ago, and din't even notice it has such great opinions! I love my Epi LP Goth
    boybrushedred
    i play this guitar in a metal band, it can do everything the jacksons for the bullet songs to the deep lamb of god sounds, its awesome
    Benjibum
    I get mine tomorrow =] $600 for the guitar, brand new, plus an Orange amp =D
    MetalManiac1010
    Yeh im lookin for a new guitar and the price(300@musicians friend) is too good to be true. mim gonna get this one and my backup guitarist for my band is getting the explorer goth for 500
    abyssalghost
    I'm buying one soon with a Floyd Rose in it, so i'll be sure to post a reveiw for it wen i do.
    themuseman
    this looks awesome, but just find them to be too heavy. so i went for an SG instead
    ralph wiggum
    this guitar is built pretty solid, ive knocked it around a bit and even put it into the ceiling fan, a few nicks here and there and its still awesome
    ct-hulhu
    I love this guitar! Sounds great, looks great, and feels great - slick as butter. It's a pleasure to play this guitar.
    ThePunkSwede
    It looks good, i think i am gonna buy this one. One question though, i heard it was 2 different looks of this, anyone know if they have different names?
    sc_stanger
    i absolutely love my goth les paul...i put emg 85 and 81 and she sounds mighty sexy! and thats just from runnin on a little marshall 30w haha
    Havok19
    i want one so bad. i cant seem to find one with the floyd rose tremolo on it
    usuckhugeonez
    \m/(--_-\m/ wrote: My drummer bought this guitar (yeah, don't ask me why) and the strap button let go. The thing hit the ground and the headstock snapped off. He got it fixed though, and it actually still plays fairly well. And no, it doesn't come with EMG's. It's got stock epiphone 'buckers.
    No, it has Alnicos.