Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: online used

I like to play any kind of rock, from punk to death metal. In my opinion I couldn't have picked a better guitar for it. It has this really great distortion on both pickups though I prefer the bridge one. You can get amazing natural and artificial harmonics, but again they're better on the bridge pickup.

This is perfect for what I play and I'm glad I bought it. I have another guitar, a First Act ME431, and there is no competition between it and the les paul. The lp easily outstrips it with all of it's features and it's sound. I only wish mine was one of the models with a Floyd Rose on it but that's not much of an issue. If this was lost or stolen I would not rest until I had it back.

This is definitely a sturdy guitar and besides the finish being rock hard it's withstood the running into of several walls without even a scratch. The strap button on top came unscrewed a couple times when I first got it but it's now good. They also retain the strap really well. I can really say that I would gig without a backup for this guitar.

It has this really cool finish that is nearly impossible to scratch or get fingerprints on. For some reason when I got it you couldn't play any of the higher frets without it buzzing a lot and I had to raise the action all the way up on the high E. But now it's all fixed so I have no more complaints.

This is a 2007 model made in korea(I know because it has a little sticker on the back that says made in korea). It has 22 frets. Mine is one of the models with just the tune-o-matic stop tailpiece bridge. It has a volume and tone for each pickup which is handy because I can turn off one of the pickups an use the toggle Switch like a killswitch. The tuners are black grovers.

maddog1020
    i bought it used for less than 400 and it plays like it was brand new. plus it just looks freakin awesome!!!!!
    icantbuyafender
    christ... a floyd rose on a les paul... and its flat black satin. this is a heavy metal wet dream. hmm... i can appreciate this, even though the all black look aint for me. kudos epiphone, for an intriguing axe.
    Avenged.InFlame
    Lol, a floyd rose? are you serious? this guitar does not have a floyd rose, basically as opposite as you can get my friend
    Presentboy
    Hey i bought this guitar and its great. the pick ups are hot and its awesome. but it wont stay in tune. what should i do?