Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Price paid: A$ 650

Purchased from: Kosmic sound, Perth

I have a fairly eclectic taste in what I play but this bad boy handles anything I can throw at it better than guitars twice the price, I've played songs by Pink Floyd through to Slipknot and it just never fails, you can get any sound you need to out of it, but like the look of the guitar it's sound has a dark edge to it that gives any tone immeasurable amounts more depth.

For this price you simply couldn't ask for a better guitar, I love it and if I ever lost it I'd totally buy another, killer tone and stunning looks all for well under a grand, two thumbs way up Epiphone.

I haven't had this guitar long and am yet to gig with it but it holds up to some pretty brutal jamming better than any other guitar I've played, strap buttons are solid and all the hardware seems as functional and durable as guitars twice this price.

The guitar was really well set up straight out of the shop, the action is fast and the neck thickness is just right, the guitar feels so good and smooth to play that a complete novice could sound lightyears better practically overnight. The finish is awesome, everyone I know who sees it comments on how good the matte satin black finish looks not to mention the dark rosewood fret board, Celtic cross graphic on the headstock and roman numeral XII on the 12th fret make this guitar terrifyingly beautiful.

This is a brilliant 22 fret, open coiled, badass shred machine, it comes with a rad satin black finish that garners praise from everyone that sees it, the tuners are non locking Grovers which make for smooth tuning that it'll hold for ages, one cool feature mine has is the GT Killpot, which basically means that one of the tone knobs can be pushed in like a button and completely kills the output of the guitar while the button is held down, which is a cool addition that is great when playing RATM songs or just generally messing around with feedback.

hothot
    Go buy an ESP/LTD EC-400 beter pick-ups/less LBS and the intoniton is perfect you can find EC's with EMG/Duncans and there is also EC-400 with a floyd rose on it.
    Underarmour721
    I happen to own this guitar and i don't think i want to own anything else but this guitar. I made a 100 doller amp sound like a distorted metal amp the tones are great i love the two tone knobs and the volume may not work as well as i like it too but all in all this guitar is one of the best I've ever played.