Goth Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Goth Les Paul Studio

Price paid: € 239

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Sound: To say it first, I was THAT impressed! I thought, it might be just a Les Paul copy, but it's far far more than that. The sustain is just endless, the massive body delivers a piece of sound that won't stop. Actually, as I am into metal and gothrock, the sound is definately great, if you look for a more bluesy sound, it might disappoint you. That also means that the high tones are not that clear as I use to know it from my other guitars. On the other hand, I would say, as a rythm guitar in my genre -I've never heard a guitar with more pressure from the belly. The sound is best described as very very dark. Pure metal I would name it. Because it just fits perfect into my needs, this is one clear.

Caution! This baby eats light. And I mean that literally. Due to the finish, it's just as is would eat up the light beams. Maybe you'll need to see it in action, but trust me, it does. The matte finish might disturb you, but on the other hand, it looks just awesome. Plus, the sound it delivers will blow your audience's minds away. It's quite heavy, it's solid, it won't just lay in your hand, it rules you hand. I enjoy every single note I play with it and really, it made it to my favourite, besides my Jackson RR. I used it to record my "here comes the rain again" cover, for lead and rythm part and it workes awesome. I fyou would like to hear how it sounds like, I'd love to post you the link.

I played it a few times at home, made my family mad with the sound tuned to drop d. I also enjoyed playing gigs with it, Standard tuning as well as drop tuning with .10 strings. At all, it is a very solid piece of an instrument, fun to play, very reliable.

The set-up was perfect, no adjustments needed. It wasn't tuned anyway, but getting it tuned was no problem at all with those very smooth mechanics. The finish is just awesome with that matte black color and no gimmicks at all! Nothing to complain about. The look and feel was great. The weight might be a bit of a problem, though I am 6"2, it's a very heavy massive guitar.

I was thinking of buying this LP for quite a long time. Finally, the reasonable pricing of 239 euros made me buy it, though I know, it might have been a hard lesson to learn. I was told from the staff at Thomann's that the G-400 was made in Korea, even though I know Epiphone gets their guitars produced in Korea as well as in Japan or China. It arrived in perfect condition. Nothing very special at all but solid stuff. It features 22 frets, two humbuckers, two volume and two tone controllers and a killswitch. It has no inlays but a "XII" on the 12th fret. Awesome. It was delivered with a 6 meter snake wire and a pack of spare strings.

javierf55
    Price paid us$ 349 @Amazon. This is my first electric guitar and really rocks and blues. I have it with a VOX Tonelab ST and Line 6 Spider IV 15 amp. The sound is great for all styles of which I predominantly play Blues and this is a perfect entrey level guitar for that style. Soft and easy to play, strong in shape and quality. I just love it.
    Nirvana619
    i got one of these the other day and its awesome but mine came with nice seymour duncan pickups =D
    craaig
    Got this guitar back in December. Hardly played my others since I got it, really an amazing sound.
    jeffo46
    I just got one of these over a week ago and I love it. Regarding the so called tuning issues, here's the solution to it, learn how to do a proper setup and string it right and you won't have any problems. Mine stays in perfect tune with no issues at all folks.