Joe Pass Emperor II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Joe Pass Emperor II

Purchased from: Veerkamp

I am currently using a DigiTech RP80 effects unit with my guitar, and trust me, out of the 4 guuitars that I own, this one is the one that sounds the best with that effects unit. I play blues, and rock, most of the songs that I play are by U2, Delirious?, Hillsong Unied and Coldplay. The only thing I do notice is a buzz coming from the bridge sometimes, and it gets annoting (only when it's not plugged in).

I play alternative rock and blues, and this guitar is just perfect for my style. I also own a Dean Avalanche, and a Silvertone electric-acoustic. I've been playing for 4 years now, and over time I've been bulding up my repertoire of equipment, which includes an RP80 effects unit, 2 small pedals (stereo mix and delay). Compared to similar guitars (Sheratton, Casino, B.B. King) this has to be the best archtop Epiphone has to offer. It has american made pickups (Gibson) and no other Archtop by Epiphone has that, and it also features all gold hardware.

his is one of those 'tars that will last a lifetime. You get the full reliabilty of a Gibson intrument, specially with the Gibson hardware that is installed on it (Gold American pickups). This guitar is reliable and durable. I noticed that the strap buttons did need some tightening, but it was easy to fix (with only a screw driver).

The finish is very neat, and one thing I didn't like about th factory settings was the protective plastic under the bridge, which forces you to loosen the strings, and remove the bridge in order to remove the plastic. The action is adjustable, since the bridge can be adjusted (both height and length).

The Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Electric Guitar features a laminated maple neck and body; solid rosewood bridge; gold tuners and tailpiece; multiple bound body, neck, and peghead. Plus a Joe Pass signature on the guitar's bound simulated tortoiseshell pickguard. Limited lifetime warranty.

sk8centilli
    TheGuitarDude69
    sk8centilli wrote: I have this guitar and agree with nearly everything, with exception that the pickups are not Gibson USA. They are typical, but nicely made, Epiphone. Epiphone only uses Gibson USA pups on their Elitist models and the Joe Pass Emperor II is not part of that line.
    All the signature models have Gibsons too. The Tony Iommi Signature SG has Gibsons, and the only signatures Ive seen without Gibsons is the B.B. King sig., and the Tom Delounge signature