Korina Explorer review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Korina Explorer

Purchased from: GM Music Cardiff

I believe this guitar suits all styles, I'm playing it through the unpopular Line 6 Spider II 30 Watt amp, however I can gwet very good cleans and distortion tones out of this with the help of my Zoom G2. I play everything from Red Hot Chilli Peppers to In Flames, and this thing can withstand detuning. I believe the pickups could be changed to improve this guitar however I am happy for now and believe it would only take a new amp to improve it to perfection from my viewpoint.

I believe this guitar can be made perfect for almost any style with a few switches and maybe a better amp, I have been playing for a year now and this is a big leap from my Ibanez beginner guitar (GRX70) but the Korina also compares to other guitars I have tried including Epiphone Les Pauls, the Vintage Metal Axxe Series and a few middle range Jacksons among others. I belive this guitar is perfect for me and is suited to many people and many styles making it a definite good guitar.

This guitar has admittedly been knocked once or twice and nothing has went wrong at all, the strap buttons are very solid and don't look like failing soon. I believe this guitar will last a long time and I hope if I join a band it will last many gigs!

The guitar was set up ok in the factory, and had gathered a bit of dust in the shop however the kind people cleaned it for me before I bought it which I thought was very generous. The pickups were adjusted fine for me, there were no problems with the bridge and the finish seems sturdy enough to withstand a long time. The tuners hold excellently (after reading the other review I am unsure if mine is a one off, or if theirs is), everything seems fine. No awkward or odd noises have arose and there are no issues with the controls at all.

It was made in 1994 in the Unsung Factory in Korea, it has 22 Frets, a lovely black finish with the white pickguard and is made of Korina wood. It is Explorer shaped and has all the typical Explorer style and penach! There are two volume controls and a single tone control with a 3-way switch, dual humbuckers, it has grover tuners and did not come with any accessories.

longonbon
    i want to get the gibson version but i thin ill just settle for the epi(lot cheaper)