Korina Explorer review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Korina Explorer

Purchased from: Gilbert Guitars

Great for any kind of hard rock or metal, great with distortion, nice, full sound on cloisean. An almost inaudible hum when distortion is at full, you have to listen really closely to hear it. Great sonic variety, Neck pickup is warm and bright, bridge is hot, high output.

I play mostly metal and hord rock, along with some blues and classic rock. This guitar suits almost any playing style. I had a Strat, but I sold it just to get this beauty. I have no regrets about uying this guitar whatsoever. If this guitar was stolen, not only would I find the guy Who stole it, but I would kidnap him, starve him for two weeks and feed him his own family without him knowing. I love everything about this guitar.

This guitar can take anything, the hardware will probably last for another 50 years, but I'm planning on changing the hardware soon, on my next paycheck. The strap buttons are so big, I couldn't fit straplocks on them, so I know they wont come loose. If I was gigging, I could play without a backup, but I'm paranoid so I would anyways. The finish isn't gonna wear away anytime soon.

It was set up perfectly at the factory. I had to lower the bridge pickup, but that's the only problem I had. The action is low, but there isn't any fret buzz. Some people say explorers are hard to play sitting down, but this guitar balances perfectly on my leg, even better than my old Strat. No flaws at all!

I'm not sure what year my Explorer was made in, or where. 22 frets medium jumbo frets, mahogany neck with flat rosewood fretboard. Body is made out of Korina, which is a great tonewood. Classic black finish. Gold Tune-O-Matic bridge, passive electronics, Two volumes and one tone control. Stock Epiphone pickups, gold covers, and gold Grover tuners.

bjovi400
    i havent changed the pickups in mine yet, but im planning to. there not BAD, but could deff. be replaced. the only problem is all the gold is oxidizing. i think it gives it more of a vintage look, but it can be a problem if you like the shiny origional gold color.
    GiR 2.0
    Aah. Yes. I need this guitar badly. Oh I wish my mom would stop penny pinching and buy it already. This or the ESP KH-02 with Floyd Rose Tremolo. DEAR GOD! I need this so much. If only I had killed the gypsies and if those cursed mongoose hadn't snuck up on me and attacked my butt from behind. Cursed Mongoose.
    Stop Messin'
    Great looking guitar but it looks odd after seeing Eddie Van Halen's Shark with the big chunk taken out lol. I've never played this(Gibson or Epi) but i love the wood on it.