Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: friend

This guitar will play anything, it will sound good playing Metallica, Creed, Rammstein, Bob Dylan, Scorpions and whatever else. It has some the nicest sounds I have ever heard. It sounds great with a decent distortion pedal but most of the time I like it just straight into the amp and sunds great even though my amp is a small Fender, but have played it on a Marshall and sounds awesome!

I love to play rock! Good old rock! Rock is the only thing you can play! This guitar definitely makes you feel as if you are playing like a rock star etc. I have been playing for about 3 years and just started to get good at soloing and this guitar is easy to solo on, I have 2 other guitars my first electric which was a Fender Strat and personally I don't play too often and the other is a Spanish acoustic. I play this one all the time and would definitely buy another one.

This guitar has been put through alot just going back and forth to school etc. And friends house has taken alot and still it goes and goes. Haven't replaced any of the components yet so it's been going strong for a while now. You would never need a back up with this guitar. The finish isn't wearing at all which is nice.

When I got it had pretty high action and I like it alot but I think the next time I change strings I might try it a bit lower and see how it goes. Personally I like the high action so dont get me wrong! The pickups came a bit high for my liking so I lowered them a bit and it sounds good now. There was only one flaw and it was the jack was lose which I fixed in 2 secs.

I think it was made in 2001 in korea! 22 frets with a really nice neck, it seems to be perfect for my hands and the same with most of my friends hands as well! It's got a painted neck, which I don't mind. It's got a nice body because it's not as thick as some of the newer Les Paul's so it sits and feels nice. It has 2 sets of Semour Duncans which sound really nice.