Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: Woodwind & Brasswind

Its tone is very muddy, but could be fixed with new pickups. See above. It is very good for Nirvana and other bands that have similar grundgey tone. In the price range of this guitar, A Fender Standard Stratocaster would be the best blusey guitar, a Jackson would be best for metal, and this guitar would be best for grundge and anything in between. Kurt Cobain used a guitar identical to this one on Nirvana's "Bleach" tour. He ruined it on their infamous underwater photo shoot.

I love this guitar and wouldn't give it up for the world. It is the most versatile guitar that I've played (and I've played quite a few) in it's price range. If it was lost I would buy something more expensive to replace it, but thats because I have my heart set in buying an Epiphone G400 Custom already. The G400 custom is my favorite out of every single guitar I've played in my life. But if I didn't plan on buying this guitar already, and the guitar I have now was lost or stolen, then I would defenately buy another. It would get a better review if it had seymore duncans or EMG's in it. Good guitar.

This guitar is extremely reliable and durable. My only complaint is that the selector and strap locks are cheap and desperately need changed. I guess if you have a little tolerance like me (I haven't done anything whatsoever to the guitar and I've had it for a year) you could go without it.

My Les Paul 100's action was set a bit high, but its nothing you can't easily fix. Thats the only complaint I have for this category.

I have owned this Les Paul for about a year now. This guitar is very nice for the price. It has a three way pickup selector that is worthless and definately could use replacing. It has a beatiful body, and finish, but it is much thinner than most les pauls and I don't care for that too much. It also has a bolt on neck wich I don't care for much. I am going to replace the muddy pickups with Seymor Duncan's or EMG's. It is a good guitar but definately could use some changes.