Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play mostly classic rock: Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC and it suits that pretty good. It would be better if the humbuckers was covered but the open-coil's is fine. Right now I'm usin it with a old 50 watt Epi amp and it sounds awesome. I mean I could go from Sweet Home Alabama to tha Freebird solo with one twist of the tone knob.

This guitar is a very good match for my style. The only other guitar I compared this one to was a Epi G-400. My friend got one and it was pretty good except for the price tag. I'm 14 and I don't make enough money workin out in daddy's garage ta spend it all on that. If it was stolen I'd go find who ever stole it and introduce them to my 12 gage.

I think it will withstand playin live. I ain't played no gigs since I'm jus now turning a freshman but I'm sure I will after I get my liscense. The strap button on the top closest to the neck is a little bit high n it causes the strap to come off. I gotta get some strap locks to put on it so it'll stop.

The action was a little low when I got tha guitar and the bottom string was missing. The bridge mubmucker was a little high, so I lowered it. That's about all that was wrong with it. Hey, it coulda been worse. The finish is awesome. Everbody thats seen it loves the finish. The only way it could be better is if it had binding around it.

This guitar was made in '04 in China. Classic Les Paul body, 22 frets, Heritage cherry sunburst finish on a plain top. Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece. 2 volume & 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup selector, with 2 open coil humbuckers.