Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: Beggs Music store (NZ)

Suits my music style well I play mostly blues-rock/hard rock with a bit of metal. Using a crappy little Ashton 15watt but getting a sweet 120w Crate amp after exams which sounds great. Also using a DigiTech Grunge pedal which gives wicked distortion.

I play blues-rock and this guitar is like perfect but it still sounds great when I play other styles. I have been playing 4-5 years and also own an Ashton 15watt amp (soon to be replaced by a 120w Crate) and a DigiTech Grunge pedal. I'm also getting a wah pedal soon. If it were lost/stolen, I'd kill the person who stole it! Not really I'd just give them a sound beating. I'd buy it or a slightly better version.

Haven't gigged it but it would be ok if I get a better strap. The hardware is solid but then again if I smashed it, it would break. The strap buttons are fine it's just my strap sucks. I would definetly use it in a gig. The finish has lasted since may so it seems alright but the pick guard seems a little flimsy.

The pickups are good, not too great but good enough for me. The bridge and top were like perfect and no flaws. One problem was the top e string kept snapping when I did huge bends but got better strings now.

Made in 1994 in China, 23 frets, really nice body with brown/black finish colour and transparent finish. Looks really sweet and plays sweet too. the only problem I've had is the lead plugin comes loose every now and then because I unscrewed it to get plastic covering out.