Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: gear4music.com

I tend to play classic rock and its sounds excellent. I play it through a DigiTech RP50 then through a Fender Frontman 15W amplifier. The guitar can make a veriaty of sounds and a range of styles, friend likes Slipknot and such and he said it sounds good.

This guitar is a good guitar for playing anything. I have been able to play for four years but I have only seriously been playing for the past two. As I said before I own a Fender Frontman amp which by it self is terrible and the RP50 multi effects pedal to generate a good overdrive for the Fender which is too trebaly. I also own a Squier Strat. The only down side to the guitar which has been frustrating me is the neck with the dot inlays. If the guitar was stolen I would buy a different guitar but definatly from Epiphone. My favourite feature is the Heritage cherry sunburst finish which still look as good when it came out of the box. I think I made a small mistake in buying off the internet before I had even tryed it but that gamble has payed off nicely.

The guitar certainly sounds better live than being recorded but the top strap button keeps coming loose. After the bridge pickup failing I'm not shure how it would stand up. I would use a backup at a gig but this guitar would most likely be the backup. The finish only seam the have hairline scratches which only show up when the guitar is polished. My friend fell over with it but there appears to be no obvious scratches or dents.

The factory had set up my guitar ok but I started having problems with the height adjustment screws on the bridge pickup because they had been chewed up. Other than the bridge pick up I left the guitar alone. Everything seamed to be together well until one day when my bridge pickup stopped working (most likely my fault for taking it out) but for some strang reson it started working again as I took it out the second time and put it back in, perhaps dodgy wiring. The body was flawless only very tiny suface scratches.