Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

It has a rich, full sound when on treble. For rhythm though, it's rather muddy, especially on distortion. Using a Fender Dyna-Touch III Bullet 150 Guitar Combo Amp and Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, the sound is great, even on full distortion. I use this guitar for playing many different styles ranging from folk to blues to punk to hard rock; all of these styles are easily achieved using this guitar.

Since my style is mainly punk-rock and blues, this guitar really comes in handy. I've been playing for 3 years and have 3 other left-handed guitars and a bass. If this guitar was stolen, I'd definetly buy it again considering it was rather cheap and sounds amazing. I love how smooth the body style is and how well it sounds. I just don't like how the overdriven rhythm toggle sounds. I've compared this to guitars ranging from Ibanez to Fender and Gibson; this one comes in second only to Gibson.

This guitar is very reliable. I use it for small gigs, even though they do get wild. I use this as my main guitar and have an Ibanez GRX20L for backup. The whole guitar should last for a while.

The guitar was built well. There are no visible scratches even though it has been thrown around and banged and such. This guitar was manufactured with great care.

My Les Paul 100 is 2004 Indonesian made. It has 22 jumbo frets. The neck is bolt-on Mahogany and the body is Mahogany as well. The color scheme is cherry sunburst and is very beautiful. The 100's body is a little smaller than the regular Les Paul's body style. I don't know what type of pickups they are, I just assume that they are Epiphone-made; they a dual humbuckers and have a 3-way toggle. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic bridge, and keeps the guitar in tune even when playing the hell out of it. Mine is left-handed and came with strap-locks, a gig bag, and a strap (extra $30 for free).