Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: Musikborsen, SWE

I play progressive rock and I couldn't have found a guitar that suits my style of playing better. It is truly the king of guitars. I use an Ibanez Tone Blaster (22 watts) amplifier and no effects, and it still sounds the way I want it to. It can sound like classic rock, it can sound metal-ish, progressive etc. Anything you want. It's not noisy at all for me and I use the normal overdrive settings. It has a rich sound to it, although it can get a little bright on Clean. I can make all kinds of noises with it. A lot of sound variety. And I mean, a lot!

I play progressive rock and it's the best guitar I could possibly find. It's an incredible match. I've been playing for a year now and I have an Ibanez G10, but by the looks of it, I will be selling that soon. I don't need it, now that I have this incredible guitar. If this was lost or stolen I would shoot the brains out of the guy who took it and then get it back. I love everything. It's a Les Paul. The guitar of guitars. The Icon. There is nothing to hate. Even though the strap buttons are a bit of a problem. But I just glued them tight. Problem solved. My favorite feature is either the incredibly comfortable neck or the awesome old-school three way tone switcher. I compared this to several Ibanez guitars, some Gibsons and a Fender Stratocaster, and none of them were as comfortable as this. Nor did they sound as great. I chose this because the neck is incredibly comfortable and because it's so sexy and plays as good as it looks. The only thing I wish it had is the trapezoid fingerboard inlay. But that has nothing to do with how well the guitar sounds and plays. It's so easy to play, and most of all, so much fun.

I've never ever played live but I think this would withstand live playing. A lot of people use it on gigs and such anyways. The hardware seems to last forever. It still sounds just like the day I got the guitar. The strapbuttons gets unscrewed easily though, so maybe I would've done the gig sitting on a chair or something. I can depend on it, but due to the strap buttons I wouldn't have this on a gig without a backup. The finish is just like the hardware, seems to last forever.

It was perfectly set up. No flaws at all. The pickups were perfect, as normal. The top was greatly boomatched and the bridge was routed just right. Everything was perfect.

This is an affordable, genuine Paul. The mahogany body gives that classic solid, heavy tone, and the bolt-on mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard are easy to play. It has 2 open-coil humbuckers and chrome hardware. Classic Les Paul design and tone. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic style bridge. It has that old-school awesome 3-way tone switcher.

Robert_Terry
    EpiphoneDave
    Robert_Terry wrote: The Neck pick up aint bad for a cheep guitar, but the bridge's tone, its like the sound you would make if someone rubbed sandpaper against your testicals, and not in a good way
    I don't know what your talking about, it's a beautiful sounding guitar. Im satisfied by it. And it was so cheap to get too!