Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: guitar center

For a beginner it suits my needs fine, I've had a few well-versed players plug in and they have been impressed with its tone and overall sound. They only noticed a little buzz high on the fret board. I run it through a used Marshall VS15R Valve State and a Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal and it screams, makes me sounds better than I really am! Not really disliking any thing about the guitar, it fit my budget well and the Gibson stamp on the truss cover makes me fell like I have the reel thing. I mostly paly AC/DC, Blink 182, Led Zeppelin, The Who etc. suits them all!

I love this guitar, for the price it is excellent value, it sounds great, I strongly recomend this guitar!

Not the most reliable guitar because you can tell it is a bit cheaply made. The bolts for the strap have come out twice in the 2 years had it. Not a big deal because you now that there getting loose a while before there gonna pop out so you just put some glue here and there fine. Overall I would use it in a gig without backup, you might want to bring on stage a screwdriver thought.

Action was just right, pickups where set up fine. only flaw I found was the two back covers for the electronics didn't fit right. The guitar wasn't all that well finished, one backplate needed to be sanded slightly. Pickups needed sanding (little pieces of plastic sticking out), but those are minor things, other than that no flaws!

2 humbuckers, tone and volume control for each pickup, bolt on maple neck with mahogany fretboard, alder body, pickguard, regular ebony finish with creme pickguard mounts, pickguard and switch, gold knobs. I'll rate it 9 because it has every thing you need but not ten because it's still got stock crap pickups and tuners and all that.

ROCKAHOBO
    this guitar looks cool and i will probs be getting it for my bday (in blue)
    -metalhead-
    you know, this is my only guitar at this point and i must say its a great guitar. the only problem with this guitar (as theyve said in like every review on UG) one of the strap buttons suck ass. still all you have to do is change the screw on that strap button to a longer screw, problem solved.
    gibofan01
    bube : What is the difference between this and the Standard model? I'm curious as well, like others who have asked before me.. ^ | | allopenstrings has pretty much covered it but another big difference is the tuners!! grovers i believe are on the standards so yeh the lp100's tuners are crap!! well i hate them. oh and a question my little guitar fanatics.. --- CAN ANY1 SUGGEST A GOOD PAIR OF REPLACEMENT PICKUPS???----- WB please!!! cheers
    AllOpenStrings
    Bube : What is the difference between this and the Standard model? I'm curious as well, like others who have asked before me.. ^ well bube, i played a buddy of mines standard, and the difference would have to be the pickups. the pickups on a standard are of a higher quality and have a very warm sound.
    Bube
    Epiphone-Man
    evill22 wrote: I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to get an LP-100, or a Les Paul Classic...Any suggestions?
    they are both baisicly the same but the lp 100 is probably better value only $500 NZ
    evill22
    frankthewolfman
    can any1 help me with finding a whammy 4 a les paul 100
    go to madisonandfifth.co.uk and you will find a link to 'stetsbar' who do whammy bar for stopbar tailpieces - perfect for this
    bigbanana
    am going to be getting one in july or something, starting to get serious with my playing, which one do you recommend guys, Agile LP or Epiphone LPs am kindof leaning to the Epiphone just because of the brandname but i've heard alot of good comments about agile!
    jeordie1
    andy_h04
    hooligan07 wrote: i am a noob and am wondering...what is a better guitar for the price,the lp-100 or the g-400? i listen to mostly british and american punk/oi! and also social distortion,rancid etc...
    Personally i think a les paul would be better then the g-400 because the g-400 is used alot more for cleaner sounds then the les paul. And also i have the les paul 100 and it is a brilliant sounding guitar!
    hooligan07
    guitarist837
    gibofan01 wrote: what colour is best to get?
    I have this guitar in vintage sunburst and it makes it look about 5x the price. Also im looking to put some new pickups in my lp. I play anything from clean blues to heavily distorted rock so i need pickups that wont restrain me to one kind of sound. Ive been looking at mostly gibsons and dimarzios.
    Weybl Himself
    freebyrd32 wrote: my friend has this guitar and it sux compared to my mexican strat. I would pick the strat any day
    Completely different guitars man, I've got a Mexi Strat as well as a LP100 and they're just too different to compare. As for the guy asking about pickup covers, you can get them, and they just screw on (attached by the raising/lowering mounting screws) and although it will give you a very slightly warmer sound, it's more a cosmetic thing.
    timo1
    the casino les paul copy is made in the same factory as somne of these. i know these are cheep but the casino ones are cheeper and extremely the same
    freebyrd32
    badpun
    hey do u guys know what is better to get after my strat dies a les paul or a reverend guitar?
    NTguitarplayer
    this guitar ain't bad at all, i play everything from pop punk to heavy rock to jazz, action's good, neck is great...i just pust new pickups in it, gibson dirty fingers in the bridge (tom delonge PU) and a 490T in the neck, sounds great dirty and clean...otherwise this guitar is a keeper. great price too.
    Chad11491
    yeah, u can put pickup covers on em, i suggest getting new pickups anyway, but, i'm not totally sure, but don't you sauder (sp) them on?
    dimebagisgr8
    jeordie1 : what makes the epiphone lp-100 better than the epiphone lp standard or is there no difference? which one should i buy? pls help
    i use a les paul 100 and i think its gr8 bt ive neva used a standard although the 100 is high up the range than the standard can any1 help me with finding a whammy 4 a les paul 100 thnkz