Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: musicians friend.com

This guitar suits me fine considering us true left handed players do not have allot of choices in guitars that are low or high end manufactured. I am using a Behringer 210 v-tone and cry baby with this guitar. The sound is crisp and clear even with allot of distortion. I had a really did my research before I bought this guitar or anything else.

Blues rock and country is what I like to play. I just got started again a few month ago it has been 15 yrs since I picked up a guitar. This guitar I would buy again in a minute for the price and the craftsmanship is super for a beginner guitar. I know allot of you old time pickers know allot more about guitars than I do but I did ask questions and read reviews before making my choice. I was going to buy the AXL mayhem but it was so far back ordered I wouldn't have received the guitar until dooms day.I love this guitar the only down side I even read about was the pickups are standard but it will do fine for me.I do wish it had better tuning keys but you get what you pay for.

I would take this guitar and play it any where, the hardware is good strap buttons are solid I would gig with this guitar any time. The finish will last as long as I take care of it. This guitars reliability and durability seems that it will last me for a long time.

This guitar was set-up perfect I had to tune it and it was ready to play.The pick-ups were adjusted fine the whole guitar was set-up top notch.The only thing that it was missing is one small screw at the chord jack that was it. The finish on the guitar is flawless. I took it down to my local guitar store and had the guys check it out and they stated that this is a great guitar to get started on.

2007 was the year built there is not allot of choices for left handed players. Standard 22 fret board made in the USA rosewood neck string through body solid top sunburst Orange in color with cut away body. Two volume and two tone controls three was Switch grover tuners hum bucker pickups.

-metalhead-
    This is a very free genre guitar, it can play most genres out there.
    guy07
    Man, mine has a jet black gloss finish with gold knobs and a pearl pick guard. IMO, it's the best looking Les Paul 100 I've seen. If your going to get one (which I would reccomend, great guitar) see if you can get those colors, they are stunning together. Maybe the best color combo out there? :O
    gibson~dove
    -metalhead- wrote: gibson~dove wrote: Does this guitar mostly have a metal sound or is it good for blues too??? This is a very free genre guitar, it can play most genres out there.
    thanks
    Bram_Claes
    I have one and I must say that it has a great sound but the durability absolutely sucks!!!! After a year, some frets were broken and it was really expensive to repair, and now, 1/2 of my frets buzz like hell! I've also heard various stories of rythm/treble switches and tone/volume knobs breaking of. Typical flaws of an eastern guitar. Next time I'll spend my money on an american guitar
    Korzack
    Robert_Terry wrote: The Neck pick up aint bad for a cheep guitar, but the bridge's tone, its like the sound you would make if someone rubbed sandpaper against your testicals, and not in a good way
    How exactly CAN massaging your balls with sand-paper be a GOOD thing in any way? Confused, and I actually don't wanna know the answer...
    acdc28
    I have an Ibanez which cost about 350 Aussie dollars and i want to know if a epi les paul 100 will be better than my guitar
    kisslava1
    acdc28
    A Gibson Les Paul Standard
    kisslava1 wrote: hey i was wondering if someone would tell me whats better a epiphone les paul 100 or a gibson les paul standard
    sid-x
    i have this guitar it rules but only after i got it setup coz the action was shit and replaced the awful pickups ! for emg hz it rules now . but dont buy one unless youre planning on spending another 150 on a setup and new pickups !