Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

The sound stands out the most in my mind since I've gotten rid of it. I played this with a Peavey classic 50. Clean, this guitar has a warm mellow sound. Great for jazz and blues. I got a very authentic jazz tone, and a fair B.B. King tone. When I used this with overdrive, it started to mud up. It's alright if you like it, but if you play lead, you probably wouldn't like it. It isn't noisy, and that's a plus. Again, a solid 8. Good tones, but not super versatile.

Overall, this is a pretty good axe. But, you get what you paid for. The neck is kind of slow, the tone could be better, and the frets are a bit soft. Other than that, it's a solid players guitar and easily replaced. If it was stolen or lost, I'd probably try out an Agile. I compared it to my MIM Strat. It has a thicker, slower neck than my Strat, and a higher action. But, they're two different guitars. I wish it had better pickups and a faster neck. 8 overall. This is a nice guitar for the price, but it's probably worth it to save up the extra money for a LP Standard.

It's pretty tough. It has a bolt on neck, so if the neck snapped/got messed up, you can just bolt a new one on. The hardware is quite solid. It's a cheap fix if something fails. It came with straplocks, but they didn't come Standard. This is a quite dependable axe, I didn't own it for very long, since I sold it quickly after I got it. The finish is thick and durable. No thin finish here. It stays in tune pretty well too.

I didn't get straight from the factory. When I got it in a trade, the frets were rolled off nicely, the neck was smooth, and everything was set up well. The frets had some grooves worked into them from the previous owner(s). Mostly on the 3 thickest strings (the previous owners played rhythm/power chords a lot I could tell). Everything was set up for playing, and it played nice. Neck could be slow at times, though. This deserves another 8. It's not a fast neck, but the bridge setup and other things were set up well.

Don't know the year. The other reviewers covered the features well. Plus, I can't recall most of teh features, since I got rid of it a while ago. I do know that it's mostly a Les Paul, 2 humbucking pickups, fat frets, fatter neck, TOM bridge. You know, Standard LP features. It's hard to rate guitars on features, but I'll say this is a strong 8. There isn't any special switching, coil splitting, or anything like that. Barebones, basic guitar.