Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
  • Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Price paid: A$ 370

Purchased from: Allans music

I play anything from hardcore, heavy metal, to the occasional clean styles/blues. I'm running this through a Roland Cube 30X, and a Zoom G1X effects unit pedal. It can play the metal quite well depending on your amps settings, but it plays the softer stuff a lot easier. The pickups tend to be a little noisy for me, but nothing I can't handle. The sound is full, not overly bright, a little dull even for me. I can pull pinch harmonics off this guitar quite easily.

The LP 100 can handle pretty much any style of music you throw at it. I own a Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, I wouldn't say that this guitar is close to the Schecter tone wise at all, but for a beginner starting out playing guitar, this would suit almost anyone. If it was stolen or lost I probably wouldn't get another one.

I'm not too sure whether I will be using this to gig with. As some of the machine heads seem a little loose for me. The strap buttons are a real pain to deal with for me. Occasionally the strap will slip off the button and fall to the floor, which is quite annoying so I'm still unsure whether to replace them or not. (no it isn't the strap as I own a Schecter too and it has never happened once on that). When gigging this would be my backup guitar. The finish seems quite fine and hasn't worn off over the time I've had it.

When I initially got the guitar, the action was a little too high for my liking, but I adjusted that later. The pickups seem to be at the right height for this guitar. The guitar didn't have any visible flaws at all.

The Epiphone Les Paul 100 is a solid top guitar which I believe was made in China in 2006. The body is made out of mahogany, and the top is made from maple. The neck is bolt on. It has 22 jumbo sized frets, chrome hardware, hard tail bridge and 2 Epiphone humbucking pickups.