Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
  • Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

I Play a lot of progressive rock, some grundge, and alternative rock sometimes as well. I play through a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp, and on the louder settings this thing has feedback like crazy. I'm not sure if it was the pickups or the Amp but it wasn't very smooth. Also on a clean channel, it's nearly impossible to gain beautiful vibrant tones, I've spent countless hours dialing in the Amp and guitar and no good results. With SD's or EMG's this thing might be able to get good tones, but overall I wasn't very satisfied with the tone variety in this guitar.

Overall, This guitar is perfect for the entry level player, Who's not ready to drop $700 on a good guitar, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Gibson Les paul's, definitely pass on this one. It looks nice, plays okay, but the quality is lacking, and you can tell you're playing an entry level guitar instead of an intermediate level guitar. If you're a beginner, get this guitar, but for more experienced players, definitely pass.

This is where my Epiphone Les Paul 100 failed me the most. It's a beginner level guitar, and you can tell it. I have had this guitar for 6 months, and have taken immaculate care of it. But recently the tone knobs have began to fall off, and the input jack completely broke, leaving me with a good for nothing electric guitar. I was terribly disappointed by quality in which this guitar was made. It just feels like it was rushed together. I must admit I put tons of milelage on this guitar (probably over 150 hours in 6 months) but I expect it to maintain through playing, because that's what the damn thing was made for. Overall this Guitar was totally unreliable to me.

Overall I was very pleased with the action. This guitar doesn't come in really cool finishes, but the one I got was good enough for me. Girls complement the guitar and say it looks pretty so that's alright with me lol. Electronics were set-up fine, and the toggle Switch never became loose or anything like that.

This guitar comes with 22 Jumbo frets, mine was ade in China in 2006 I beleive. Tune-O-Matic bridge, comes with the Standard les paul tone knobs (2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs) Pickups aren't very good at all in my opinion, but hell, it's a $300 dollar guitar so what do you expect?

ihavenoname93
    andy_h04 wrote: hooligan07 wrote: i am a noob and am wondering...what is a better guitar for the price,the lp-100 or the g-400? i listen to mostly british and american punk/oi! and also social distortion,rancid etc... Personally i think a les paul would be better then the g-400 because the g-400 is used alot more for cleaner sounds then the les paul. And also i have the les paul 100 and it is a brilliant sounding guitar!
    im pretty sure that is utter bullshit. they are for the same type of music, only the sg is usually more lead than rhythym. and, this is the entry level les paul, while the g-400 is the highest quality sg epiphone makes.