Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Price paid: € 215

Purchased from: Music Store Köln

The guitar fits my music very well, wich is kind of hardrock, rock metal, style and even pop sometimes. It has a very nice and warm tone on the neck pickup and a very rich sound on the neck pickup. I'm using a 30 watt Line 6 amp and usually use the metal or crunch channel with some reverb or delay. Wich in my opinion sounds very awesome. Although when it gets to ditorted it can get a little fuzzy, especially on the bridge pickup. The guitar has a lot of sounds, you can make every sound you waant basicly by using the tone knobs and the volume controls, just be creative.

Its a great guitar especially for rock and metal stuff, but clean it sounds pretty cool too. I've been playing for like 2 years and I own an Ibanez as well, but this guiat has a way better sound. If it would be stolen I'd buy it again probably or go for the Standard, but actually they sound kinda the same. I love the sound and the pickups, I hated the tuners, but thats fixed. So it's a really good guitar for its price. Although it needs some adjustments, but they're easly made.

I think now it will last during a live gig. But I think it will get out of tune when you play on it with the original tuners. The hardware will last for ssure, no doubt about it. But somehow I would always take a backup guitar to a gig, just in case; ) but I think you won't need it the finoish will last... Cause I alreadyy bumped it into some stuff and its stil Brand New.

The guitar wasn't set up that good from the factory, it was way out of tune, wich wasn't hard to fix, just tune it... The action was a bit low, but again, that was fixed in no time. I adjusted both pickups and set them a little closer to the strings to make them sound a bit hotter. Also the white plastic thing, that covers the pickup selevtor broke the day I bought it, but it still works fine. Also I changed tuners like said before. For the rest the guitar was pretty good out of the box, but like no guitar, it immediatly fis you, I always have to do some adjustments.

Don't know wich year it was made. It was made in Indonesia. Its handcrafted. I think it are medium frets but could be jumbo as well. It has a 24.75" scale. It has a bolt mahogany neck and a rosewood fretboard with Dot inlays. A mahogany body and a maple top. Mine has a Vintage sunburst finish but it comes in ebony and cherry sunburst as well, thats just your choice. It has open coil Alnico V Humbuckers wich are passive and totally fit my style, wich is kind of hardrock, metal style. The hardware is chrome It has the usual Gibson controls so 2 tone knobs, 2 volume knobs and a Rythem-Treble- Both Switch.It has non-locking tuners. Wich aren't the best ever, the guitar comes out of tune a lot, especially the G-string, acually only the G-string, but i fixed it by putting new tuners on it.

jojox11x11x11
    i got this guitar from guitar center, its great. i have been playing for a year, and upgraded from a squiere.