Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Price paid: A$ 379

Purchased from: Allans

When I tryed it out instore I tested it on a Hiwatt 50 watt amp and the cleasns sounded amazing on the Hiwatt. At the moment I play it through a Line 6 Spider IV 30 and it gives of a really warm tone.This guitar loves distortion. It sounds great clean, dirty or with heavy distortion. I play Mostly Metallica, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Arctic Monkeys. For what I play it sounds great and plays well the action isn't to high of too low.

This guitar is very good and I would recommend it to other people. However if it was stolen I would probally upgrade to something worth about more. When I bought it I was comparing it to the Epiphon SG 310, but the Les Paul is the hands down winner. Despite the fact I love the shape of the SG.

it's pretty much gone unscathed for the first two years. Although the finish is starting to lose its smoothness. The finish shows finger prints really easily when the light is shining on the light I have to keep wiping it with my cloth. It seems really reliable and will last for years to come. I'm not in any band so I don't know how it would hold up during a gig.

I'm still using the factory set up including the factory strings although I've had to change my E string once. On some frets I get some buzz like the 14th fret and when start going 17+ My toggle Switch is slowly starting to become lose with use as well as the lead socket but i just tighten the input with some pliers.

My Les Paul 100 was hand crafted in Indonesia. It has 22 jumbo frets. Mahogany body and neck(Bolt-on). Mine is Heritage cherry sunburst. Features a Tune-O-Matic bridge, Alnico V Humbuckers and a 3 way toggle switch. it came with a lead which wasn't of a very good standard. 2 volume knobs and 2 tone knobs for the bridge and neck pick ups.

pr0guitartabber
    I have one and I had to fix one of the strap buttons because it just fell off. I like the guitar 'cause it's thinner than a traditional les paul and much lighter. Overall It's a good guitar for the price.
    mikepataki
    conorblack1251 wrote: does anybody know if you can put the chrome pick up covers on the pick ups?
    there are after market covers available...but have a pro do it for you! Don't buy Gibson brand they are way over priced and may not fit your guitar! GC sells a set for like $12.00
    mikepataki
    torres_865 wrote: Les paul rocks!!it has teh same picks as the standard and is cheaper!!
    way off dude...they are super cheap! you must be a teenager with little guitar playing experience! if you not, then your just a knob! epiphones are just ok guitars, but they are not great works of art! Even the the best $1000 epiphone sucks ass when you compare it to an American Strat or Gibson; Epiphone does make very good Archtops...but teenage kids can't shred on it, hahahahahaha so they will never own one!
    Omerta92
    i`ve had this guitar for about 1,5 years now. its really been worth its while as a beginner guitar, tomorrow is my birthday and im buying a duncan sh-4 pickup to replace the bridge, the neck works just fine for clean parts and thats about what i use it for anyway . the reason im changing the bridge one is because as other ppl have mentioned, it does sound muddy with distortion. through my one and a half year of playing this guitar, the problems i`ve had with the guitar is that a wiring inside the guitar had loosened so i had to solder it which was easy, the other problem was that the lower strap button broke of, and i had to take it to the musical shop to get it fixed, but its all good now. the G string does go out of tune faster than the other strings, but i know ppl with gibsons that have the same problem so its not anything new. it has been used about 2-5 hours average per day for 2 years and feels comfy to play, and cleans/medium distortion plays pretty good. but im replacing the pickups, because its kinda shit for heavy distorted metal if u compare it to other guitars, which im hoping the new pickups will change. overall its a very good guitar for its price and i dont see why people would be talking so much shit about it, Imo i got alot more than i asked for at the price it was .