Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: rockshop nz

I like to play: Metallica, slayer, guns n roses and AC DC stuff and this guitar is good for a beginning Slash fan. It has the versitile Les Paul sound. I play through a Blackstar ht 20 head with a through the cab it comes with (hoping to upgrade to Marshall jcm800) and it sounds pretty good but I think it should be played through a Marshall for best tone. The only thing i would change is the pick ups.

I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom and an ESP ex but I play this more than those other guitars combined because its more fun and why play guitar if it aint fun? It is very special to me even though it is one of the cheapest guitars Epiphone make. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again because it is too special and can't be replaced! It is also great for beginners and extremely good quality for its price. Somewhere along the line when a beginner gets better at guitar and wants better sound quality all he has to do is swap the pick ups for something thats good and that suits his or her's style. Best $400 spent ever.

I don't play many gigs but this but this Epiphone obeys like a dog! Its easy to play and very reliable and will stay intune for the whole gig 9 out of 10 times but the intonation should be adjusted often. The strap buttons are secure but I would get straplocks just to be safe. But playing live I would get some more higher output pick ups. Great guitar!

the action on this guitar was amazing as soon as I pulled it off the wall, I can play malmsteen licks like butter on this fretboard it is really good and easy to play and hardly goes out of tune! the only flaw was the factory strings it came with.

I bought this guitar in june 2010 because it was a cheap Les Paul that i was going to mod (upgrade hardware and pick ups) but decided not to because it truely sounds amazing with stock components. -it was made in indonesia -it has a 22 rosewood fretboard 12" radius - the body is mahogany with maple top and mahogany neck - the finish is a sweet Heritage Cherryburst that doesnt look cheap in real life but does on the internet -the pick ups are some cheap alincos but dont sound too bad but still arent the best. -it has a regular set tune o matic bridge with grover style tuners - it deosnt come with a case but i bought an Epiphone Les Paul hard case for about $90

jbarfield
    i have a epiphone les paul 100 black with cream and gold speed knobs chrome tuners and chrome toggel switch.plays great looks great,plays well with any size amp.