Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: Individual

The sound is awesome, I have 5 Fender guitars from a 1961 Strat to $1, 700 custom Strat and this LP100 sounds better than any of them. I play Lead Rock and Blues and the occasional chording melody and the LP100 comes through every time. The range from clean to distortion is great.

I love this guitar, from the feel of the neck, how well the strings are centered on the neck, the action is smooth, the sound in both clean and distortion is amazing, the weight is perfect, the finish and hardware is beautiful and flawless. I've been playing guitar for 45 years, and have owned many guitars, most very expensive, and the LP100 is my favorite guitar.

If there is any negative feelings about the LP100 it would be that I have to tune it often. I haven't looked at the tuners yet to see if they're slipping, might just need tightened. I play a lot of Blues and I've used a different set of strings on this guitar too, so it could just be the strings.

I had to set the LP100 up to suite me but once I did, the ease of playing it was remarkable; much easier to play then my expensive Fender Stratocasters. I'm still experimenting with the pickup adjustments, which I think is an individual preference. This guitar is well constructed, everything matches perfectly.

My LP100 was made in China, in 2003. I bought it used and have loved it ever since I opened the case and laid eyes on it. The pick-up selector knob was missing, I don't know what happened to it but that's not a big deal, I just got another on and put on it.

deadmousestife
    I have a sunburst epiphone les paul 100 and I love it! But the wiring was a little iffy infact it cut out on my while I was playing on stage in front of hundreds haha. still a great guitar to practice on
    grungelive72
    Just put a DiMarzio D-Sonic in the bridge position for my friend in his Epiphone Les Paul 100. Made a HUGE tonal difference.
    Sparda93
    I use an LTD Viper-50 which i borrowed from a friend, and yesterday there was a party at his house, and another friend of ours, our soon-to-be lead guitarist infact, had an Epiphone Les Paul 100, i tried it out and was ****ing mindblown at how light this thing was in comparisson, i thought it was made with cardboard, but the tone was very nice, alright for pinch harmonics, and the sound stops at once, no natural reverb or anything, which is kind of a drag. Gonna be fun testing his more expensive Epiphone with a Floyd :=)