Les Paul 100 review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 7.9 (2,209 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul 100

Purchased from: thomann

Oh this baby (I named her "Baby Charlie")... So this baby is a great guitar for them blues... As long as you know what you're doin. I play them texas alot and the better I get at it, the more I find this guitar to be simply amazing... The only thing that makes me sad bout her is that the pickups are weak and you really need to take yer time figure out what effects to use in order to "mask" the "cheap" tone that's comin out... I'll give an 8 at this chapter, tho I know that a good guitar player can make any cheap plank scream...

Again... For the blues she's the real deal (least for me). Been playin' for 8-9 months now. I don't even want to think about the stealing part.. Nothin' can replace it. I love everythin' bout her. She already owned a Les Paul Standard and a PRS (forgot the model name). I wish it had a special switch or somethin' that could make her sound like a Fender. It really annoys me cause she can only sound like a Les Paul. Hehe.

With a decent amp and good skill ya bet it will... Again, I'm talking about my own guitar... I don't know what other people have or will buy. Straps solid and waittin for me to git up on the stage this late summer or autumn. The finish is excellent tho I don't mind (infact I love an old and rusty finish. But that takes time). I'll rate this with a 9.

Least I can say is that it came flawless. Anyways I know that I got lucky getting such a well made guitar that's meant to be for beginners. At most intermediate level. Everything was outstanding (and I'm using "was" cause she's having a hard time with me. Dropped her and scratched her a few times so she don't look like new if you take a closer look). 10+ at this chapter. But I know I got lucky for such a good product. Guitars at such a low price don't usually make your jaw drop when it comes to action, fit & finish..

This little LP-100 standin next to me was made somewhere in Asia (Indonesia I think). It got (let me count)... 22 frets (medium jumbo), 1 smooth neck. I'd say it's rather slim and light compared with other Les Pauls... I don't know the exact material but it said mahogany with rosewood fretboard. It's been my first and only guitar so far and will sure stick around (let's hope for as long as I live). I'll simply rate it 10 cause after almost a year (and I play them blues like crazy). so after 8-9 months or so of day/night screaming, she never had any malfunction or whatever... Guess I got lucky with the quality...

DamnBastard1224
    Also, Epiphone is the cheap version of Gibson, yes, but if you work with the hardware and structure of the instrument, I guarantee you'll be satisfied.
    DamnBastard1224
    My Les Paul is a perfect guitar and was well worth the 4-digit price I spent on it. It's customized to my specificatoins of course, but I know a good LP when I see one. That doesn't look nearly as shitty as some of the LPs I've seen floating around at Guitar Center or other various music stores. Definitely give this a fighting chance. Hahaha