Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue

Price paid: A$ 800

Purchased from: Logan's Piano

This wonderful guitar completely suits my style of music. Through this Les Paul you can play blues, classical and aswell as rock and metal. A bit of extra it can have more diverse types of sounds with a FX pedal. The rhythm pickup provides more of a clean sound while the treble gives more of a raw sound, through the third Classic Alnico Humbucker it just provides a better quality of sound. The only thing which troubled me was when I played solos and faster songs. My other Ibanez RG350DX allowed me to speed up and down the frets, although with this Les Paul it can be abit harder.

The style of music I play is mostly rock and classical rock, this guitar does match the types of music I play. I've just bought this guitar a few weeks ago, I also have an Ibanez RG350DX and an Ashton. I do think the guitar would look at have more versatility if it had a tremolo. My favourite features of this guitars would have to be the grover tuners and the humbuckers. I did compared with many other guitars, like the gold top les paul, SG, and the Ibanez but I chose the black beauty because it was far more unique then the other les pauls and it provided a diverse amount of quality sounds.

This guitar I would think it could last me a lift time. The gold hardware just makes this guitar not only look better but makes it look new. The strap buttons were completely solid and for such a great guitar I would recommend a hard case. Even though after playing it for a while you can smudge oil from your hands etc. on to your guitar but it can be easily removed.

Through my opinion this guitar was well constructed and there were no faulty bits. Nothing really troubled me, as the shop Logan's Piano I think takes great care of their guitars. Although the selectors for the treble and rhythm were abit loose, which wasn't a great deal.

This Les Paul Black Beauty guitar features 3 Alnico Classic humbucker pickups to extend your tonal range, a set slim-taper mahogany neck, solid mahogany body, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard, block pearl inlanys, cream body, fingerboard, and headstock binding, and block inlays. Gold hardware. LockTone Tune-O-Matic/stopbar tailpiece and grover tuners. I also bought a hard case which costed $99 AUD.

minchew
    um...willstriker.. you have a les paul custom... not a goldtop. Just thought I'd point that out.
    job153
    Ryukyu Dragon wrote: I got mine in ebony =D
    Bahahahahahahahahaha I think you might have misunderstood the whole GOLD top part
    thehikingdude
    I just bought the Epi Slash Custom Goldtop version yesterday. Amazing guitar for the money. Love it!
    jojox11x11x11
    i can't wait to get this guitar!!! reading these reviews just makes me soo jealous about other people having it, and it makes me more impatient!haha!
    moonshot
    I just picked up one of these from GC since they started producing them again. I just took it to my guitar tech and he was surprised at the quality of the axe. I wanted the P-90 sound since I already have 2 humbucker axes. This one is great for rock, hard rock and esp. that Dirty Blues tone. Also it ROCKS for slide.