Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue

It suits all styles, it personally works good for me because it has that nice hard rock sound to that is great for hard rock to heavy metal. I am using a Marshall MA50C with overdrive, crunch, bass, middle, treble, and a little reverb. The guitar sounds amazing, it screams. It depends on what setting you want to put it on, it really has a full rich sound. This guitar can make alot of sounds you can turn the distortion higher or lower with the pickup selector.

It fits well with the rock style and blues style. I have been playing for Four years. And I own a Gibson Les Paul Jr. and a Johnson Acoustic dreadnought. I would not have asked them anything because this is a good guitar. If it was stolen I for sure would buy another one. I love everything about this guitar I feels and sounds amazing. I think my favorite feature is it sounds like a original Les Paul. I compared it to a Fender Stratocaster but the Stratocaster just didn't compare with sound, or quality of this guitar.

This guitar is nice and light weight good for gigs and live playing. The hardware is nice and solid nothing was loose. The strap buttons or nice and big so that your guitar doesn't come off the strap. It is really durable I use it as my main guitar, I would use it without a backup cause it looks nice and sturdy, if adjusted and maintained properly I could last forever. The finish is nice and hard no scratches with playing it looks just as good as when I bought it.

The guitar was set up ok. The action was way off, it needed tuned, and the strings were really bad. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. The top was fine and the Bridge was properly routed. Frets were really buzzy, and the pickup selector was a little loose.

It has 22 fat frets with a mahogany body and neck, wand a rosewood fretboard and trapezoid inlays.The finish is satin in Gold or black. It has the original Les Paul body style with a 24-3/4" neck. Lock Tone Tune-O-Matic Bridge and stopbar tailpiece for more sustain and easier string changing. The tuners are non locking with original Epiphone tuners. The guitar has 2 Alnico P-90 single coil pickups, the Switch is 2 volume, 2 tone with a pickup selector. The guitar came with a cable and a few tools.

GNR3737
    i happen to love this guitar. such a nice tone. great for the jazzy blues stuff i play.
    ELLIOTT_ANGELA
    ELLIOTT_ANGELA wrote: do any of you understand that the '56 goldtop actually has a LONG TENON? mine does! LOL
    I am currently in the process of refinishing my Epi '56 Goldtop, and I noticed something strange. THE NECK IS MADE OF MAPLE, NOT MAHOGANY. Good luck figuring that one out.