Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul '56 Goldtop Reissue

Purchased from: local music store

I play blues, classic rock, rockabilly, contemporary Christian. This guitar is perfect for those styles. I play directly through my Fender amp. I use a little reverb on the amp that's it. I like the sustain and the bite the P90's have. The bridge pickup is very bright with a little gain it will rock. The middle setting is pure Les Paul warm and full.

I play a blues rockabilly southern rock style this guitar was made for this style. I have been playing almost 40 years I have owned old Gibson Les Pauls Es 335's old Strats Paul Reed Smiths. I know there's a lot of difference between this and a Gibson Les Paul I just can't find 2000 dollars worth of difference. It's a good deal for the money. I play all around the southeast I will play this guitar anywhere.

I have traveled and played this guitar live it will hold its own. The P90's cut through the mix with no problem. This guitar has never let me down. The Grovers keep it in tune. The P90's scream. I have had this guitar for seven years and have had fewer problems than any guitar I have ever owned.

The setup was pretty good when I bought it. The finish is very nice I had no complaints. I have had tighten up the jack a couple of times but no big deal. The metalflake paint is awesome looking The action is smooth and fast it plays like a dream. The neck is comfortable feels good to my hands. I couldn't find any flaws in the finish.

I got my Epi Les Paul 7 years ago. It is made in China. 22 frets P-90 pups. 2 tone controls 2 volume controls. Mahogany body The dark mahogany back looks sharp. It is heavy like a Les Paul should feel. I bought a wide strap to make it easier on my shoulder. This badboy has sustain that just is awesome. The gold knobs look very good.