Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

This guitar has a great meaty and clean sound. The rhythm pickup has a great full clean tone where as the treble gives a more raw sound but can sound great when used properly. For the rhythm pickup I put the tone at 10 for soloing because it gives a great sound. I put it on 7 for Zeppelin style riffs. For the treble I usually keep the tone set on 5 for Cream riffs or a Kinks sound. I put it on 10 for more power. The guitar has a pretty good variety of sound with good sustain.

The music I play is mainly classic rock like Led Zeppelin. I bought a Les Paul because of Jimmy Page. This guitar is very well suited for playing my kind of music. I have been playing the guitar for about 6 years and this is the first electric I got and I'm very proud of it. I love the look of the guitar and the sound is just amazing. I would highly recommend this electric for a first electric guitar as it sets you up nicely for the real deal.

The guitar seems very durable and the finssh is lasting well. I can depend on this guitar very much. The guitar is good for gigs. The thing I would recommend though is as soon as you get it, change the strings. When I got it I kept the factory strings and they seem to break quite easily when played heavily. On the whole a reliable guitar.

I was very pleased with the condition I got the guitar, everything seemed in good shape. Except the treble pickup was a bit loose, it was easily fixed though. The action on this guitar is wonderful, lovely to play.

This guitar is gorgeous. It's a Japanese made Epiphone Black Beauty, gold hardware, mother of pearl inlays, GORGEOUS! 3 way selector, solid body, rosewood, 22 1/2 frets + gig bag.