Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

Purchased from: Lakeshore music

The guitar definitley suits my style and it would be perfect for any other style. I use it with a Marshall MG 30 watt and a Jimi Hendrix Wah-Wah and it's a match made in heaven. There is only a tiny bit of excess noise when youre not touching the strings but it only happens when the treble is cranked up. On this guitar in 1 second with footswitch at my feet and a quick pick up selection change I can go from Satirway To Heaven to Enter Sandman.

I play every kind of rock'n'roll and it fits it perfectley. I've only been playing for 2 years but I sound pretty good. I play it through a Marshall MG 30 watt and oten use a Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah-Wah. If it was stolen I would definitley buy it again because I've played so many guitars and for my style of playing it's perfect. I love the tone of it the most because it's pure rock. The only thing I wish it had is a five way selector Switch.

It would definitley withstand live playing and sound great, the hardware is perfect and doesen't scratch easily. The strap holder at the bottom isn't that reliable but other than that the guitar is reliable. I would definitley go to a gig without a backup guitar becauseIve trashed thrashed it and bashed it and it still sounds perfect. I haven't had any problems with the finish and boy does the bottom slam on the ground alot!

When I bought it it din't contain any flaws but about 2 weeks after I bought it the place where you plug your jack enters loosened but thats a quick fix.

It was made in late 2003 with a fat 22 fret rosewoond necktop and a solid mahogany body with an ebony finish. It gives you the standard volume and tone controls for rythum and treble pickups. It's the standared closed coil Epiphone pickups and all gold hardware. It has a mahogany and alder body and grover tuners. It has the regular Les Paul body style and a solid top.