Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

The guitar is good for classic rock and light metal. You can use any kind of effect on it cause they all sound great! It can be noisy when distored and fairly quiet on clean. It has full and bright sounds. The guitar can make pinch harmonics, natural harmonics and almost anything with the right setting.

I play metal and classic rock, and it does ok for metal and great for classic rock. If you want a metal guitar look for jacksons. I've played for 5 years and I have a Jackson RR3, Line 6 Spider3 amp. if it was lost id get it again cause it is that good. I love the color and the pickups, but I also hate the pick-ups cause theres 3 and its harder to finger pick. The best thing about it is the way people look at it. I compeared it to my old Fender and that Fender was a peice of junk, the sound was bad the look of it was bad the wood was bad everything was bad compared to this. And I am happy with it the way it is.

It can do a great preformance live, and the hardware will last for awhile the only thing that fads is the color if not cleaned enough. Seeing how the guitar is heavey you WILL need strap locks or the guitar will fall. I depend on it I use it in gigs and it works fine and you wouldn't need backup guitars unless a string breaks. The finish dosen't wear off unless not cleaned/properly taken care of.

Everything was great it was all in place all tuned no scratches or any thing. The only thing is the front pickup is alittle loose but that can change with alittle tighting.

The guitar I've got was made I'm figureing 2004 of March. It was made in Korea ('cause that's where most Epiphones are made). It has 22 playable frets and 23 frets in total. The size of the frets are about regular Epiphone size (can't discribe). I think the neck and body is maple, the neck is built into the guitar providing better sound quality over the regular bolt on neck most guitars have. The finish is hard to discribe its a shiny black with shiny gold pickups, and it looks cool in light but the only down fall is it scratches very easy, so it is very noticable. Thats why you should only clean it with polish (I use No .69 polish) and a cotten cloth. The body is shaped like a Les Paul (acoustic top but smaller and hook at the bottom). The bridge is through a gold holder (can't give exact name). The pick-ups are vacuum sucked so they won't make a rattily nose. The pickups are most likly passive put they do act like active pickups. The controles are tone, master volume, pickup volume. I think the pickups are Duncun. The tuners are not locking so it's easy to change strings and I have no clue about the tuners.