Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

Purchased from: Music 47, Worcester

It can be used to play a range of music from classic to metal. It's good for all rock moods. You can use a range of effects on it like phasers and stuff. I'm using a Marshall amp with it and it sounds really cool on that. It's got a really nice sound to it. It just feels amazing to pick up and play!

It's a great match for any style of music. The guitar itself is great. It's not the lightest of things but it's well made with great features and a great sound. I've been playing for 3 yrs and I have a Tanglewood Nevada also. The Black Beauty is a great improvement to my bedroom and on my old Tanglewood. I love all of this guitar and there's not a bit I hate. I compared to a couple of Ibanez and a Tokai Firebird but this came out on top for me. I'm not the porkiest of people so when I'm sat down with this guitar it digs into my chest slightly but it depends on sitting position and that still doesn't stop it from being an awesome guitar!

It would easily withstand a live playing, no doubt about it. The hardware would last years and years especially if its well looked after. The strap buttons are very solid. This guitar is very reliable, but you never what could happen when playing a gig so I'd take a spare anyway. The finish is very tough.

There are flaws in this guitar, not for me anyway. The fretwire is well installed as are the controls and the Switch. The fretboard is properly fitted to the body and the tuning pegs are good quality.

Made in Korea. It has a fitted Neck, 22 frets, 2 volune and tone controls. It has a 3-way switch- There's a really distinct change in between treble and rhythm which sounds really cool! It has 3 of the classic gold humbucker pickups. It's all ebony/black with a 'Cream' binding. It came with a gig bag.