Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

Purchased from: American Music Supply

I play classic and southern rock. I use a Marshall MG series amp. The stock pickups were okay, but with 2 neck pickups, I just didn't get the versitility I was hoping for. I recently put 3 seymour duncans in. JB for the bridge, Jazz in the middle, and 59B in the neck. I personally think the key is to have 2 neck pups. Also had it rewired for 3 individual volume pots. Wow! This guitar is my prized possesion now. I kinda wish I'd put push pull pots in to coil tap and then there'd be no limit to what it could do. Stock pickups, not that impressed that's why it gets an 8 here. Invest in some new pickups, and this thing rocks!

I traded in a Gibson Les Paul Studio to get this. I'm glad I did. With the 200 I put in to it for the re-wire and new pups, it can do 10 times more than the Gibby I had. It actually plays better, sounds better, and looks better than a low end Gibson. Hey, if you have 3 grand, get a real Les Paul Custom. But if you're on a budget, this is a great guitar. I have two other Epiphones. I love them all, each has it's own unique sound and feel. But this one is my favorite.

I traded in a Gibson Les Paul Studio to get this. I'm glad I did. With the 200 I put in to it for the re-wire and new pups, it can do 10 times more than the Gibby I had. It actually plays better, sounds better, and looks better than a low end Gibson. Hey, if you have 3 grand, get a real Les Paul Custom. But if you're on a budget, this is a great guitar. I have two other Epiphones (Les Paul 56 Goldtop Reissue and Classic quilt top). I love them all, each has it's own unique sound and feel. But this one is my favorite.

Well, how many people saw the cover of "Frampton comes alive" and thought, now that's the guitar I want. Well, now you can have it, and not pay 4 grand for it either. I was nervous, as I bought it online. Unseen and unplayed, it came out of the box perfect. Action was a little high for my taste but has played beautifully after a minor adjustment for my taste. No problems with anything else. I've upgraded some of the hardware but only for personal taste. What came stock was in great condition.

2005 model, standard les paul style but with the 3rd Humbucker. It came with 2 "neck" pickups. Two volume controls and two tone controls. In the middle position, the middle and bridge pickup were active, but there was no way to get the middle pickup to play alone. The stock tuners were okay, but I replaced them for gold Gibson "tulip keys" for personal preference. I also swapped out the black pick up rings for Cream ones. I wanted more of a Peter Frampton look to it.

redvetteZ06
    Topswith is the neck and middle pick-up. Middle is the bridge and neck, and the bottom is the bridge only. I just orered one off the net, I'll post a reveiw when I play it.
    Crazytrain_8201
    I got mine today and still havent stopped, its like midnight, i posted a review, should be coming up soon.