Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

Purchased from: Ebay

When I looked for guitars, I wanted one that sounded good for rock, metal, heavy metal, and death metal (AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Children Of Bodom etc). This guitar suited my style perfectly. I play it with a Line 6 Spider II 15 amp. Overall, this guitar sounds excellent for the price.

I play mainly classic rock, heavy metal and I'm a backup player for this band that plays death metal. This guitar is good for all three of those categories but you have to have the right amp and setup for your guitar depending on the music you play. I compared this to an Epi SG Custom with 3 pickups and I ended up loving this one because of the feel abd playability. If it were stolen, I'd called the police, get f--kin pissed and call my insurance company and I'd buy a new one. One thing I'm planning on doing is changing the wiring setup so you can control the middle pickups volume and possibly put a bigsby.

This thing is a tank. If you end up breaking it, either you smashed it against a brick wall or your just dumb. The only reason I wouldn't use it at a gig without a backup is if a string would break. The paint on it is very strong, still haven't gotten one dent on it yet.

I don't know what the factory set-ups were but when I got it, it was perfect. Only thing I don't like is that the gold hardware tends to fade-away pretty fast. Other than the gold hardware, everything else on this guitar is great for it's price, only thing missing to it would be a good Bigsby Vibrato.

stuste_964
    Owned mine for just over a year now, and still this baby gives me new inspiration for funky riffs and techniques, a must buy!
    aeirom1
    Yippee-ki-yay, mother ****er! This guitar looks like it kicks ass! I want it so bad. I play a Jackson DKMG limited edition, and this guitar will probably tie with my guitar.
    StratSlinger421
    I played one of these babies at a guitar center and it can really wail! Plug this mother into a Marshall and you can f---ing kick some major ass!