Les Paul Black Beauty review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Black Beauty

Purchased from: eBay

My music style is stuff like metallica, G'n'R, Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch etc. I'm using it with my Zoom GFX-8 and a Peavey 30 watt bass amp [trust me it sounds brilliant] The Les Paul sounds a lot more crisp and heavy with the new pickups installed. Thats one thing I'll never regret doing. In my eyes the guitar cn make great sounds which could be compared to jimi hendrix to kirk hammett to even eddie van halen. That brings me to my next point, Tapping and solos on this guitar are tricky to get hold of, but if you don't give up easy then this is perfect for soloing!

To the style in which I playm this guitar fits like a glove! I have been playing for 10 years now, in the past I've owned [in order] Yamaha Pacifica + practise amp, Sold P.Amp and baught a 'KUSTOM' PA System, Epiphone SG-400 Cherry [Faded] Yum! And then I was given this as a present on my 16th. If this guitar was lost or god forbid, stolen, I would buy it again yes. I love that this guitar is so versitile and light, it keeps its tuning really nicely no matter how low you go... I don't hate it at all, best buy ever! My favourite feature has got to be the hardware and paint job. I wouldn't comapre this to any other guitar as I've customised this one to how I want it. The only thing I wish this guitar had would be a tremolo bar, but even that doesn't bother me that much...

I have used this on stage quite a few times as have my friends too. They came back saying how nice it sounded on stage and how nice it looked too. The hardware of the guitar was built to last, the reason I changed the pickups was because I have always wanted EMG pickups so therefore got them. I'm pretty sure if you played a 12 song set list you wouldn't need a backup, really reliable and light!

By the looks of the guitar, it was made incredibly well! No blemishes evenly spread glue around the neck. My pickups have been adjusted obviously, but it still didn't really make a difference too much. There isnt anytthing wrong with it to be honsest with you guys. The pickup selector is quiet, the tuning pegs are fine not too loose nor too tight, the volume & tone swellers have a nice weight behind them.

My Les Paul was made in Korea, it has the classic 22 frets. 2 volume & tone. 3 EMG 85's Gold plated pickups, black glossy top. Mahogany Body & Rosewood Fretboard. Active pickups as I have EMG's. 3 way selector, when I bought it it cane ==me with a really decent case and a 'glam rock' style strap with was on its last legs...

westley23j
    had my original black beauty as a christmas present in '95 (?) . had it for about 10 years and i was stolen. needless to say i bought a new one as soon as i had the money saved.
    seemeel
    Reynolds666
    Wow a review of a guitar I own. I got a fully sick modded one with 3 emgs 60/81/85 with one of the tones being wired to disconnect one of the emgs so it can have seperate pickup sounds as well as combinations. Rocks hard.
    mishax92
    seemeel wrote: So many biased, unfair reviews! Only one review assessed this guitar honestly. Good work UG.
    Agreed that the majority of these reviews are pathetic and unhelpful, but dont go blaming UG as anyone who signs up to UG can post a review; the actual UG staff have nothing to do with it.
    aeromigit
    i payed 250 for this on ebay, went a shop a music shop a few weeks later RRP 700
    Emmanuel200
    WardLucas wrote: anyone who pays $500 for an Epiphone is crazy
    How does that make them crazy? :/ It's not like it's a crappy brand. It's a pretty damn solid brand.
    DLXJRVO
    The guitar does sound pretty good on both a clean and a dirty channel, but for me it's not so great because I pick right where the middle pickup on that thing is and I just find it annoying to keep hitting the pickup when I'm either strumming or trying to play some metal.
    malerry
    i own this guitar last month..buy online from china in just $197++. Everything in good condition when i collect it from custom. I use it with VOX VT20+..wow, i just can say its has a great sound and pretty look too.