Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Marcus Music

When we think of rock and roll we imagine the Les Paul, and this model is spectacular in its rock and roll design. The sustain is incredible and I can hold a harmonic for ages thanks to its thick mahogany. I'm a wannabe Satriani and this guitar is perfect for the solos, had it not been for its thick neck near the bottom where it joins with the body it would be overall excelent. I use my 100watt Marshall waith a dime custom wah, and I pretty much use delay on much of my solos, these humbuckers are truly rock and roll, flip it into rhythm and you also got yourself a screaming blues guitar!

The coolest looking guitar, but quite rare in classic models, so your friends won't have one! Test play it first and if it doesn't sustain as good as youd hoped, try out some others. I've found a fantastic guitar and thaks to its rarity, no one else has one!

Very solid guitar, no major bangs to mine yet but I have faith itll keep in one peice if the unspaekable happens, the metallic paint is super durable compared to flametop so dont be afraid to thrash!

The action like on all Epiphone or Gibson copies is amazing, everything fits well (again, apart from its thick neck at the join of the body) always keep an eye on the height of the bridge these fixed ones are diabolical if you are planning on keeping your strings for the long-term, then again itll remind you to change them once and a while!

Ok, lets start with the basics, this was made in 2004 in Korea (parts made in Nashville USA like all Epiphones). It's 21 standard fret with mahogany all over. It's a metallic finish of the classic Gibson goldtop. Fixed raised bridge with passive electronics. You get the Standard Les Paul 3-way selector and 4 volume/tune controls. Gibson Epiphone humbuckers with their plates removed wich give an added zeal to the classic model I think. It has grover tuners and all the hardware is chrome. I didn't get any deals with it, but I bought a case there and then because I was trading in my Epihone 1958 Fying V Korina.