Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Steves Music Ottawa

I like to play hard rock and metal. This guitar is perfect for this style because of the mint hb's. I'm using a Marshall MG30DFX which does well enough but needs a pedal to help it along so I'm getting a new metal zone distortion pedal to give it some kick. It has a rich sound - a distinguished sound. I find that my LP has a different sound from any other guitar I've tried.

I play classic rock a lot and a lot of rockers use Les Pauls like Slash so I think it's a good match. I've been playing for like 3 months now and I have a Marshall amp, Precision patch cord, and a Levi's Lightning Bolt strap. I wish I'd asked how to clean my guitar before I bought it. If it were stolen I'd get this same guitar again. I love the small shape and easy playability. I don't hate anything about it. My favourite part is te sunburst colour. I compared it to other Epiphones and decided that this would be the best guitar for me to have forever. I wish it had better humbuckers obviously but you get what you pay for and I haven't been playing for long.

This guitar can take on anything. I know the hardware will last because this is an Epiphone! I don't use the original strap buttons - I upgraded to lock-on strap buttons so my guitar would never fall. I would use this live any day. I haven't had my epi long enough to tell if the finish will wear off but I'm sure it won't any time soon.

Everything on this guitar is amazing!

My Epi LP Classic what made in China, 2005. It has 22 frets on the rosewood neck with trapezoid fret markers. The body has a really nice mahogany finish with a Heritage sunburst flamed top. There is a 3-way pickup selector, being the treble, both, and rhythm. It has 2 volume controls and 2 tone controls. 2 open coil humbuckers on this beast - the black contrasts nicely with the sunburst finish but it came with a really crappy cable that sucked.