Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

All I can say is I play it through a Marshall MG series. Go out and get the Led Zeppelin BBC sessions CD. Listen to Jimmy Page's sound. That's exactly how this thing sounds. Maybe I just got lucky with the pickups, but for stock Epiphone pickups, it's just brilliant! Playing this thing clean, I can go from Stairway, to Whole Lotta Luv, Dazed And Confused, to Since I've Been Lovin You, unreal!

I play classic and southern rock. I love to play Zeppelin on it, I can get so many sounds like Page on this thing, it's unreal. I'd be broken hearted if anything ever happened to this guitar. I don't think it could be replaced, there's just something special about it. I'd recommend this guitar to anyone who's looking for a Les Paul and wants to save a bundle. All the sounds and playability of the Gibson brand at a great price. Epiphone has really stepped up in the past few years.

I've only had one minor problem, the selector Switch is causing some noise, common to Epiphones. Once I get it replaced, there's nothing wrong with this guitar.

I bought it used, it was on sale at Guitar Center as soon as I plugged it in I fell in love with it. When I got it home I played it more than my actual Gibson (I traded in my Gibby for another Epiphone). This Epiphone classic is just perfect, it plays great, sounds great. No problems at all. I love to just sit and look at it as well, the quilt top is stunning!

It's A Standard Les Paul with open coil pick ups. I changed out the tuners to Schallers, just a personal preference to have "tulip style." I have the amber quilt top, it's a gorgeous guitar.