Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Aireguitars

This guitar fits my style perfectly. It is versatle which is why I got it. You can go from screaming pinch harmonics to nice subtle bluesy tones easily which I like. I am driving this through my Dunlop Crybabay wah, DigiTech Badmonkey overdrive, graphics equalizer and into my Line 6 Spider (I know a lot of you don't like Line 6, but I do, so no harsh opinions please) and it sounds ace. I really cant fault it, I love it. There is absolutly no noise coming from this even without the GQ, like I said befor I have no problems with the stock pickups!

I play any sort of music really, from metal to blues and back again and this guitar is versatile, hence me buying it. There was no point forking out for an ESP with EMG's if I was going to play blues was there? I have been playing for around 4 years now and this guitar suits my needs perfectly it fits in niceley with my pedals and hopefully it will fit with my Marshall stack when I get it! If it were stolen or lost I would chase the guy down get my guitar back and then rip out the strings and poke him in the eyes with them (ok that's a little harsh). But I wouldn't replace it with anything else. What I love about this guitar is that its just so great for what I play and it plays so smoothly. What I hate about it is the fact that I bought it off the internet. I prefer buying through shops, but I tried one in a shop and then saved 100 gbp on it by purchasing it online. My favoraite feature is the phat mahogany tone that it delivers. Beautiful! I did compare it with a standard and with a Flying V but this won overall as I felt that the pickups were better!

This guitar was bought as a backup for my Ibanez. As I thought if I snap a string live I'm screwed as I cant re-string a Floyd Rose mid song. So I purposly bought a HardTail guitar that would be a good fill in and it looks and feels like it wouldnt let me down. It is really sturdy but a bit heavy so if your getting one start your bench presses now. The hardware is great so far, I have heard that the saddles can break easily though but I will have to wait and see. The strap buttons are solid enough, I might get some locks for them (just incase). Like I said this is my backup guitar but I would use this in a gig without hesitation and yes I would depend on it. The finish is much like my Ibanez finish, sort of sparkly and I think its like that so that scratches dont show up however correct me if I'm wrong.

The factory set-up wasn't that great for me as the action was too high but that was nothing that a flat edge screwdriver couldnt fix. Everything else was fine, no problems.

This is a brand spanking new 2006 Les Paul Classic made in Korea with the usual 22 frets. It has quite a slimeline neck for a Gibson (Epiphone) and I'm pretty sure the Epi LP Classic boasts a slimmer kneck than the other LP's which is good becuase I am used to playing an Ibanez with a Wizard II neck! It is in the beautiful goldtop colour (metallic gold) and is made from mahogany. Of course it has the usual Tune-O-Matic bridge which I have no problems with. It comes with the stock Epiphone pickups which I had heard are naff however these on mine sound ok! I may upgrade them at a later date though. It has four knobs that control the tone (I still havent figured out why there is four, and two seem to control volume). There is also the regular Gibson style pickup selector which looks nice, however I usually knock it by accident and change pickups! This is just me though and I have got used to rejigging my hand position. I was surprised when I looked at the tuners and noticed that they are Grover which was a nice surprise!