Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Key Music

I can say one thing about this guitar if you buy it, buy new pickups soon. The sound is great but with new pick-ups you almost don't hear a different with a real Gibson. I play on a Marshall MG 100HDFX with a few effects and this guitar is my baby, I put Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico Pro II inside of it but even without the it would still sound perfect it is just a perfect guitar!

I play Guns N' Roses and this guitar is realy perfect for me, I play around the four years now and I started with a Stagg les paul on a Marshall MG10 until the Stagg fell from the straps and the pickups, bridge, plug jack and tuners where damaged. I repaired it but it never played like before. Then I bought I Fender Stratocaster Mexico what was a good guitar but not for my style so I bought not much later my Epiphone Les Paul Classic who is now my little baby!

It can easily be used on stage I will risk my life for it, but you should buy strap locks because otherwise the guitar will fall off. The finish is very good if you tread your guitar well it can last for your life! On my other guitar my strings lasted at 2 months and on my les paul they sound good for atleast 3 months (I replace them as soon as they dosn't sound perfect so I think it can go on for at least 9 months).

The guitar was rubbish when I bought it every where the strings could reach the board they did, but just five minutes of your time to check the bridge, pickups and new strings and it plays like a little wonder. The frets a a little rough but if you play a time it will be okay and they are very smooth now on my guitar.

I bought my guitar in 2006 it just came in the shop so I guess it was made not far from this date. It has a 22 frets 24.75" scale and a rosewood board. De body is van Mahogany and elder and the neck is made of mahogany. It has a great Tune-O-Matic bridge and 2 passive open humbuckers, witch are controlled by 4 knobs (tone and volume for both humbuckers) and a three way switch. There are Grover tuners who are very good and you can easily play a few days before you have to tune again. But the only thing you get with this guitar is a cable!

Landero
    Hi, question for you guys, i'm learning to play, but on a classic guitar. i want to buy a les paul, but must i have some experience to play a les paul or is that nonsense? Thanks for you time, a guy from belgium
    jake_blakeley
    JD Red LP
    thomasnealbrown wrote: I have an Epiphone Classic Quilt Top in transparent blue. It's an awsome guitar! They are Gibsons with the Epiphone name on the headstock. The full version Les Pauls DO NOT have bolt on necks, only the Special II's and bare bottom version's. Epiphones are cheaper since they have them assembled overseas, but they return to Nashville and MUST PASS inspection before released for sale. The Epiphone company was formed in 1910 by a Greek luthier immigrant and his son from a business the father actually started in 1873. Gibson bought them in 1957 because they felt the heat from Epiphone's competition. These are fine guitars for anyone who is a beginner or a pro. I have handled both, and if you put the same pickups on them and plug into the same amp there is no difference!
    exactly I have a wine red classic with burstbuckers and my friend with a Gibson can't hear a difference between his guitar and mine.
    Sanitarium91
    Well, I'd buy this, but don't take my advice, cause I dont have a clue which one is better, I'm just more interested in buying this guitar.
    Der Bomber
    Dudes, I'm in need of all your help. I must decide which one is better to buy: this les paul classic, or a fender standard strat?
    wolfgang1975
    Epiphone is an American company that has been making hand-build instruments scince the 1920's. The Founder was an italian Immigrant. The company was bought by gibson for a reason.... They made excellent instruments and Gibson wanted to market a different price-range of instruments. Lots of excellent musicians in the 70's played Epiphones for a reason. Any guitarist has his fafourite brand but Epiphone can not be compared to squire for the reasons above. Please have some respect, especialy if you have no idea what you're talking about. You want to buy a guitar? buy the best you can afford. Epiphones are fine instruments!
    Zepplinne
    You guys are idiots Epiphone is made by Gibson, they are the same company. Of course Gibsons are better but you are really paying for the name.
    thomasnealbrown
    highway1
    epiphones i think were better b4 gibson baught, thats why they baught because they were competition to gibson
    universal_man
    jake_blakeley wrote: Epiphone guitars used to suck until the company got taken over buy gibson now the guitars are made by gibson
    is that true...?
    cerveza
    Landero :
    no, you don't need any experience, i know a lot of guys who's first guitars were les pauls. there great guitars, very versatile
    universal_man
    b.b-king_19 wrote: It's an EPiphone Don't expect much out of it
    what's wrong with epiphone...?
    Kain_Doom01
    Chad11491 wrote: there's nothing wrong with epiphones, the people saying it sucks are the ones that either A) are stupid teens who can't afford it and so therefore it sucks, B) think that since their guitar says gibson on the headstock that it is now godly and pwns all other guitars or C) just stupid and tonedeaf or trying it through a marshall MG, i mean come on, there is nothing wrong with an epi, take this classic or the custom and put in seymour duncans or even gibson humbuckers, just as good as any gibson
    My Peavey EXP Rotor sounds amazing with STOCK Pickups, and my Korean IC-400 sounds better than ANY epi with STOCK pick-ups, that's what a good guitar is, a sucky guitar needs all the work an epi needs when you buy one -.-"
    axejam123
    ^ well there are chet atkins gibsons AND '79 strats, like he said. ANYWAYS, i just wanna say that ive got an epi classic and its awesome. i picked it over a standard strat and an ibanez rg series. sustain is awesome, tone is great (even better now that ive switched pickups to duncans) and action is very close to a gibson. and, to everybody that says epiphones are ripoffs, epiphone is part of gibson. therefore its not a les paul ripoff, its a not-quite-as-high-quality version with a different name. just like a squier strat isnt a ripoff, its a lower end version of fender. although epiphones are lightyears beyond squiers.
    HmTownHero1007
    ?D3/\thRoW? wrote: Yes i have the black/grey quilt top Epi Classic and it plays and sounds awesome... good guitar. i play it rather than my drummers dads '79 strat and chet atkins gibson....most of the time =P
    youre so cool... what are you 10?. and theres is no such thing as a chet atkins ibson strat. youre a ****ing retard
    Tedward
    epiphone is older than gibson lots of epiphone models are exactly the same as gibson guitars except they have a bolton neck, different wood, and they say epiphone.
    Chad11491
    alex57910
    Hmmm, it really depends what sound your after, cause seriously they're so so different. Ive had this guitar for about a year or so, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Its still as solid and damn sexy as it was when i pulled it out of the box, still got great sounds out of it and theres no end in sight. But yeah, two different sounds eh. The les paul to me seems like a bit of a darker guitar, if you get me. As opposed to the strat. But yeah, nothing wrong with this axe!!