Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 3.2 Poor
Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Music go round

It was very noisy and the humbuckers wernt near any other ones I've heard. It can make a lot of sounds but not that powerful or without much "meat" to back up the noise. I was using many amps and there wasn't much dif. between a Crate and a Marshall telling me it was really a cheap guitar.

For rock it's ok like most guitars but otherwise I wouldn't recomend it though if you are an advanced player that has more than 8 months of experience. If it were stolen I would go Fender or real Gibson Les Paul. I hate how the guitar wasn't set up right so it kind of turned me off Gibson for a while. The frets were uneven and paint was runny. I wish it had more power and better action also maby some better tuners.

It seemed solid but was a little light telling me that it wasn't that expensive to manufacture because of less wood. I would have a gig backup incase it got massivly out of tune with bends and slides. The finish seems ok and doesnt't seem to rub off easily. I guess if you can get a deal on it as a practice guitar it's fine but if you want to be serious I wouldn't buy it, save up for a better guitar.

It looked really good but it was very flawed. It was ajusted ok but I tweeked it. The guitar had some runny paint on it which took away from it's looks (factory defect) otherwise it was over all a little cheap. I hear this all the time "this guitar is like Fenders Squier, it's a cheap guitar for 1st timers."

1st off I want to say I never owned this guitar I just had it loaned to me while I sold 1 guitar and needed more money for a new one. There were 22 uneven frets that felt nothing like they should have. The look was good and many people pick this over the Austin only because of the les paul name. The wood on the neck was rosewood and I'm not really sure on the rest except that it wouldn't stay in tune.