Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

This guitar pretty much suits my style (alternative to classic rock), especially using the bridge pickup. I was disappointed at the sound of the neck pickup. It can get pretty loud, but I use a Peavey Valveking Head on a Marshall 1960 Cabinet. It doesn't have a wide range of tones, but I don't usually mess with those.

This guitar pretty much matches my style of music, especially the power chords. If it got stolen or lost, I'd really try to get it back or get another one. My favorite thing is defintely the finish and the quilted maple top. Compared to the ESP LTD model much like it, I would choose htis one. Overall, a good guitar for the money.

Plays Live very well, the strap buttons have yet to pop out. The hardware shows no wear or tear from band practice or the few gigs I've done. The finish has stood up to that wear and tear, and will seemingly last. I would still have gig backup though. Maybe over time the hardware would deteriorate, and the frets are probably going to wear down, but until then it will work great.

Well set up from the factory, needed a string change. The pickups worked fine. The top isn't bookmatched, a disappointment, and there were a few scratches, dents and imperfections in the finish. I did however have trouble checking the pickup wiring from the back, as the screws and plate did not want to come out.

Made in 2006 in China. 22 jumbo frets on an ebony fretboard. Solid quilted maple top. Transparent Blue Finsh. Les Paul body shape. Passive electronics, two humbuckers, neck and bridge with three way Switch. Two volume and two tone controls. Overall a well made guitar, with minor appointments.