Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Phil's Music

As stated above, I playi huge gammot of style (punk, metal, rockabilly, shockabilly, psychobilly, thrash, alternative) I play this guitar through a Korg AX10G and a SoundTech PA amp. The guitar can be noisy when you need it to, but then it can go to singing like the most beautiful of sirens or demons. Really nasally and puky on the bridge, full and warm in the neck, happy median in the middle. I have made perydactyle screams, mamoth roars, EVH weirdness, and all sorts of things on this guitar and it never ceases to amaze me.

Like I said, I play metal punk, many forms of rockabilly, thrash, stuff like that, and this guitar does it all, even when I explore my bluesy side. If this were lost or stolen, I don't know if I would get this or save up for an Epiphone WildKat. I love the pickups, where the toggle switch is located everything. I do wish it had an Invador or an X2N, but you can't always get what you want. Overall, an amazing guitar.

I have gigged with this guitar once and then I have traveled it from SC to NC and back innumerable times. The one problem, as with most Pauls, is that the strap buttons aren't good enough for the heavieness of the guitar, so I need to invest in some straplocks. I would trust this guitar definatly without a back up, as it has withstood my clumsy self for a long time.

The action was just a hair to high, and I really mean barely too high, nothing a few twists can't fix. The finish is absolutley beautiful a quilted, wine-red top, absolutley sexy. Stays in tune better than my guitar with a Floyd (well, it's a "Licensed" Floyd).

I have no idea when or where this guitar was made. I do know that it is a beaut and it handles every style of music my band and I play. We play anyhting we want really, we can go from Stray Cats, to The Dead Kennedys, and this guitar handles it perfectly. Standard 22 fret mahogany neck, laminated quilted wineish color. Also Standard tune-o-matic bridge. Everything on this guitar is stock. Once I buy some true blue pedals and drop from the modeling scene, I will probably put an Invador in the bridge. 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch, makes it fun to play such music as Jordan, and Most stuff from Rage Against The Machine. Grover tuners, Set up and "inspected" in the USA.