Les Paul Classic review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic

Price paid: € 560

Purchased from: Codahangszer

I play, rock, metal, acoustic and blues, this guitar is perfect for blues, rock, and acoustic, I mstly use an Epiphone Firebird to play metal and hard rock. I usually don't use an effect because it has quite a nice sound without effects, I use a 75w amp. The guitar has a big variety of sounds, it goes from high to low and even blues/jazz effects.

I play rock, metal, acoustic and blues and many other styles with my band, this guitar espeacially good for soloing, imporvising, playing blues and acoustic, it ishowever my second favourite guitar because I have an Epiphone Firebird that is slightly better for the genres I play most (hard rock and metal), if I lost the guitar I would buy it back, the Epiphone Les Paul is great for people Who have a budget, it is up to 6 times cheaper than a Gibson Les Paul but the Gibson isn't 6 times better, the big difference between the Gibson and the Epiphone Les paul is that the Gibson has much better pickups but unless you use an amp with over 250w you cannot tell much of a difference.

The guitar can be played at very high volumes, with any effect, it could easily withstand any live playing (proof would be the band, My Chemical Romance who uses 2 of these guitars), the hardware is good, I've had the guitar for over 2 years and it works as well as it did on the day I bought it, it so far hasn't needed servicing or fixing. The finish is very strong and lasting, the colour hasn't faded at all. The quality of the guitar is great, about 2 weeks after I bought it, my guitar case broke and tje guitar slammed hard on to the concret into a puddle, there was no dammage to it at all apart from sum scratches and chips on the edge.

the guitar was well built at the factory, everything was well put together, the bridge, frets, nobs and pickups are all well done, the guitar didn't need servicing, the guitar only has one flaw and that is the weight, it's extremely heavy (5 Kg) for a guitar, but it doesn't bother me.

The "Neck" was made in China and the "Body" in Europe. It has 22 frets, the neck is made of mahogany and so is the body. The Body style is the typical Les Paul style, it's black and is made to look like a woman and it has a string-thru body, it has 4 nobs, 2 for vollume, one of them for the high strings and the other for the low strings, there are 2 other nobs for regulating the bass and treble, there is also a Switch that has three settings going from treble to rhythm, it has 4 Epiphone pickups.

Petey9
    jacob23 wrote: epiphone is a part of gibson.....just like fender and squier
    Ephiphone is not as bad as squire but its not a good as fender or gibson
    Petey9
    Chad11491 wrote: there's nothing wrong with epiphones, the people saying it sucks are the ones that either A) are stupid teens who can't afford it and so therefore it sucks, B) think that since their guitar says gibson on the headstock that it is now godly and pwns all other guitars or C) just stupid and tonedeaf or trying it through a marshall MG, i mean come on, there is nothing wrong with an epi, take this classic or the custom and put in seymour duncans or even gibson humbuckers, just as good as any gibson My Peavey EXP Rotor sounds amazing with STOCK Pickups, and my Korean IC-400 sounds better than ANY epi with STOCK pick-ups, that's what a good guitar is, a sucky guitar needs all the work an epi needs when you buy one -.-"[/quote] Agree with kain my used 93 gibson sg that I bought from my guitar instructor for 500 dollars sounds amazing and it still has the stock pickups too. If you are going to buy a guitar why not make it the best possible so you dont have to make many if any extra tune ups
    thatweirdo
    I have one, it is a great guitar, bought it for $500, but i have searched all over the internet and every music site, and i cant find one that looks like the one i have. it's a goldtop with a cherry red/brownish back, humbuckers with no covers, and has the truss rod cover that says "les paul classic" Anyway, love this guitar, great for playing zeppelin, and you know, i love how people are talking shit about epiphone. you can't tell the difference between a gibson or an epiphone unless you play through a $5000 amp or something. It's all in your head, you are just paying for the name on the headstock. the problem i have though is that the tuners that came on this thing suck, so I'm going to replace them with classic gibson tuners. I'm thinking about putting a seymour duncan p-rail on the neck, and a seymour duncan SH6 on the bridge, slap a bigsby b5 tremolo on it, and see h ow it turns out.
    Dysern
    I have been playing guitar in various types of bands for 15 years or so. For the past 2 years i have been playing in the death metal band Dysern. I started out with them playing a BC Rich Bitch. then bout a year and half ago i bought an epi les paul classic for $250 from musicians friend. It was cheap cause the paint job wasn't right they had mixed the blue and wine red quilt top which turned out the deepest purple i have ever seen. Frankly i don't care about the color. From the second i picked up this guitar i fell in love with it! The sustain, playability, tone, and feel of this guitar is as good as any damn Gibson i've ever picked up! I play straight out of a Marshall and all the time people are like i love that tone, or how do you do those pinch harmonics? Not me it's the guitar. I have played many types of music and many guitars over the years(Fender, BC Rich, Epi, Ibanez, Washburn) and i will never buy anything other than an epi les paul classic again. unfortunatly i've heard that they no longer make that particular model. Anyone know anything about that?
    blackborrego
    Yes, they are discontinued I was looking for one until I noticed that in musicians friend. I'll look for a used one.