Les Paul Classic 7 string review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Classic 7 string

Purchased from: Ebay

My music style is mainly hard rock and metal, with some classic rock in there. For those with a similar musical taste, this is right for you. For those songs in drop D, you can some up with different ways to play it without touching a tuning peg. However, when you need to tune it down, the axe tunes easily and stays tuned. You will like the tone a lot, because you can get a Vintage tone, hard rock tone, and metal tone, and for those blistering solos, you can get that droning smooth tone you've always aspired to from hearing Kirk Hammett, Slash, hendrix, and many others. Being a 7 string, the only disadvantge to the extra string is that when you are playing, you might hit the B with your wrist, which is a nussance.

This guitar is great for all styles. You can play classic rock, hard rock, blues, metal, punk, hell even jazz. Unfortunately, this guitar is no longer in production. To find one, you must look on Ebay, even there it is very rare. You will be lucky to come across a used one.I would cry if this guitar was stolen. That is why I'm getting a custom case with a combo lock. I will never trust anyone with this axe. Do not let the name Epiphone fool you. This guitar is every bit as good as its brand superior Gibson. Heres a suggestion: look for this on Ebay, and buy it!

I would absolutely use this as my starting guitar. Never would I go to anything else, unless it was a Joe Perry of Jimmy Page Vintage guitar! The flipswitch is always reliable, a not so common feat for a used instrument. If I didn't play this at a gig, my sound would feel half empty.

My guitar came set, thanks to the person on Ebay who sold it to me (named Peetybear, buy from him). The neck feels nice, and the action is just perfect. Not too high, not to low. My guitar came flawless except for one minor scratch. However, this is not very noticeable.

Many of you, being metal fans are familiar with the seven string guitar. That is with an added B string. This guitar type is synonomous with Ibanez in particular. However, the Epiphone Les Paul 7 is a highly unappreciated, underrated, and overlooked instrument that easily defines the word "versitile". This comes with the standard Les Paul equipment (knobs, Switch, pickups, 22 frets, tune-o-matic, stop tailpiece). Basically, its a les paul gone wild with the B string added. The only flaw is having to wrap you fingers around the added width of the neck, but is dismal.