Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Musicians Pro Shop

I play classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses so this Les Paul guitar is perfect for the music I play and my Marshall VS100 rounds off the package and is an awesome combo. Its not noisy and I love the rich warm sound. I've changed the Epiphone humbuckers for a Gibson Burstbucker 2 on the neck and a Gibson Burstbucker 3 on the bridge. You can put on the neck puckup and roll the tone all the way back and to Slash solos, or put on the bridge with the tone all the way up and riff like Jimmy Page. It sounds really good when on clean, quite warm tone.

This Les Paul and my Marshall are a perfect match for my playing style like Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses. I've been messing around with dads guitars all my life but started playing seriously like a year or two ago. If it were stolen of course I'd buy it again! But maybe try to convince parents to buy me a real Gibson? I compared it to Strats and I liked the himbucker design. A great guitar won't let you down!

This guitar is built to last. I mean its a Les Paul! The hardware is holding up well but I've only had it for 3 months and the strap buttons are good. I have gigged this guitar without a backup and it went well and the finish is holding up well.

Was set up well, a little bit of fret buzz with the factory strings but I replace them with my favorite 11s and tuned it down half a step and the buzz was gone. I changed the pickups afew days after buying this guitar but the Epiphone humbuckers seemed to be set up ok. There were no flaws it was really nice.

Made late 2004. Has a 22 jumbo fret fat Brazilian Rosewood neck (Custom ordered) with pearl block inlays. Is a glossy black with gold hardware. The body is Mahogany with the brazilian neck. It's a Les Paul body style with a gold Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has a volume and a tone knob for the bridge pickup and a volume and tone knob for the neck pickup and a 3 way Switch. It came with awesome Grover tuners which stay in tune for so long I love them. It also came with an Epiphone hard case and a Gibson lead which is soo cool and sounds great.