Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

My personal style is rock and metal with a blues edge but I do play sessions as well with various styles and find this guitar a perfect choice to use. The sound is vary variable weather you are looking for a Tony Iommi style Black Sabbath sound. Or a more melody orentaited style such as Jimmy Page it works perfectly. Though it does take a while to master this guitars range to find what you want straight away. But when you do all the sounds u want are eaisy to achieve.

I would definatly buy another les paul I already own 3 and I do rely on Gibson and Epiphone alot at the moment with 8/9 of my guitars made by them (the other is a BC Rich). I love the look and playability for any style with this guitar and it has never let me down. Also I'm glad it still has the old styling to it of the Black Beauty Les Pauls. The only thing I compared this with before buying it was an SG Special I chose this because it was cheaper and I already had an SG Special maybe by Gibson. I was intending to use this a s a stage guitar only but it definatly proved to be worth a lot more to me than that.

as I said before the finish on this guitar will not ware off eaisly and the tuning lasts well so it is definatly a guitar I would rely on live, I already have of several occasions. The strap buttons are very solid and again gold in colour. The stock hardwear is definatly built to last and a back up guitar is definatly out of the question with this 1.

I found this guitar set up perfectly as it came. The finish includes a thick varnish that lasts through gigs and eaisly polished up without ware. The pickup selector works great and is dampened so as not to echo or make any sound. The action and fret board were all well setup and filed alsoit stayes in tune very well.

Made 2004 in USA with the usual carved maple top and mahogany the Les Paul Custom is a great looking thorwback almost to the black beauty origonal model. All a classic glossy black with the white trimmings and gold hardwear, including Seymore Duncan gold ceramis humbukers, it really looks awesome. The 22 fret rosewood neck played perfectly (even with a glossed back of the neck). The 4 controls and 3-way Switch alow a huge sound range and make for an exelent varity of styles.