Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Long & McQuade Music Shop

I play metal and rock, alternative, anything really. I must say that this guitar is very versitile. The tone range is amazing. It suits many of the styles I play. I use this guitar on my shitty Peavey Rage 158 practice amp. Even on a crappy amp it sounds wonderful. I use the treble on solos and harmonics which produce great tone and sound. The rythm is also good for warmer soft sounds but I like to use it with metal distortion. This guitar can honestly be used for anyhting. It's amazing.

My style revoles around rock so yes it's a good match to my style. Though it's weak on the metal scene its still decent for that style. I've been playing for over 4 years and my first guitar was some Oscar Schmidt guitar by Washburn. I also own a Peavey practice amp, a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal. Ibanez Delay Pedal, and a Zoom 1010 multi effect pedal. I didn't hesitate to buy this. it was a perfect choice. If I hadnt bought this guitar I would aimed for the Jackson RR5, white with black pin stripes. So sexy. If my LP were stolen I'd probably buy a cheeper LP, maybe a Standard or a Classic. I'm not gonna risk something so valuable getting stolen again by cheep ass fags who can't afford anything. What I love about this guitar is it's sleek smooth looks. It's so beautiful with the gold hardware with the black finish and the mother of pearl inlays. I hate the gross gunk found on the binding and sometimes its weight. It's so heavy. I'm starting to get back problems from it. My favorite feature is the 3-way Switch and the 2 volume knobs and 2 tone knobs. You can preset yer tones and you can efficiently Switch between then with a flick of the Switch. when I bought this I compared it with the RR5 from Jackson but I ended choosing this one 'cause it was cheeper and its look were more subtle and its tone was so versitile. I wish it had Gibson's headstock with the Gibson logo on it.

The guitar is pretty solid. Seems like a tank, but I'm not gonna bash it to test it. It's too beautiful. Hardware seems pretty good except for the color fading of the gold. Strap buttons couldn't be anymore solid. I would depend on it fully. It's a good guitar. Very durable. I'd use it at a gig without a backup. The finish seems thick and would last a wihle.

The set up was good. Action was perfect. Stringing was obviously fine. Intonation was a bit off. Hardware is all decent except the bridge's gold color was wearing away a little. Nut was messily and the binding was dirty. The binding had all this brown stuff on it and I couldn't do anything about it because it was covered by the clear finish. Nut was also alittle dirty. Besides that everything was good. No scratches or anything. But the binding is pretty gross.

I believe it was made in 2004. Mine was made in Korea. 22 frets on a pretty thick neck with a rosewood fret board on a maple neck. I have a solid black finish. 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs, 3-way Switch with 2 gold humbuckers. Tune-O-Matic bridge system. The pickups are Alnico humbuckers designed by Epiphone (I wonder why everyone else's is designed by Gibson). It's got grover tuners and all gold hardware.