Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

I mainly play metal/hardcore and this guitar sounds beautiful with distortion and/or overdrive. Although at the time of the review, I am ampless, but when I was trying it out at the GC through a Line 6 Spider 112, it sounded great on distortion and overdrive. Awesome sustain. This thing will scream forever, even with the stock pickups. I also dabble in punk and some cleaner alt. and Indie music which doesn't require distortion and it performs great. This guitar is very versatile and can probably be played for any type of music.

It's a great guitar for anyone. Les Pauls are the trademark of rock n' roll for a reason: because they're great guitars all around. And for $650, you probably couldn't get much better of a deal, unless you could find a Gibson LP Special for $650. I'd reccomend this to anyone and everyone.

This thing is like my dad's old Grand Trueno: it's a tank. It is extremely durable. I accidentally scraped it against a very rough cabinet door, and the finish withstood no damage. It's extremely durable and great for people who tend to thrash their guitars about and damage them.

It was set-up good. It was intonated correctly right out of the box, the neck action was set and I had very little problems playing it other than getting use to the thick neck. The finish was so shiny, I could see my reflection in it. The only complaint I have is that the binding was a little messy. There are very miniscule, hardly noticeable spots on the neck binding, but other than that, it was great.

Made in Feb. 2005 in Korea, this guitar is quite a beauty. Ebony finish with gold hardware to compliment it, independent volume/tone control for each pup, rosewood fretboard (Different from the Gibson LP Custom, which has an ebony fretboard to my knowledge), binding on the body, neck, and headstock, a fairly thick neck and beautiful pearloid inlays on the fretboard and headstock. The only complaints I have about this guitar is that the tuners aren't that great. I've had my LP Custom for 3 days and the guitar keeps slipping out of tune. The other being that this guitar feels quite heavy compared to my old guitar. Other than those 2 things, this is an almost-perfect guitar.